• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elder Buns .. Your Ideas please!

I have two old lady bunnies--both about 10 years. They have lived outside in a large hutch their whole life, but I moved them indoors this winter. One of them is especially pathetic. She has always had chronic sneezing and sore hocks (she has Rex-y fur), but now she also has a plum sized cyst in her abdomen (checked by vet 6 months ago) and poops on her foot and pees here and there. She has little bald patches. Poor dear. She looks like a neglected bun. I feel so guilty. Her companion looks 100 times better though--all normal--so I know it is not her living conditions, diet, etc. Just age.
Anybody have advice on how to clean off her face? Her fur has obviously gotten damp and dried and I cannot comb it.

Oh sorry to hear about your little old ladies.

It's very difficult with the poorly one. Can you clip the fur very close to the skin (or get a vet to do it)? I am having to do that with one of mine at the moment and I am very careful not to clip off the whiskers.

Back