• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broken Bond

Elliegirl

Young Bun
I have bonded 2 neutered rabbits Bella (F) and Pumpkin (M), They have been together since mid-July, paired like a dream and have never shown signs of aggression.
They have several hours run time a day and also a fair part of the day free in a large double stable with toys etc when possible. I do however shut them in from time to time for a while so they don't get used to permanent free roaming as it's not always possible to let them have the whole day out. They also go in the hutch overnight to guarantee their safety.

Last night there was obvious Pumpkin hair in the hutch but nothing alarming, they ate from the same bowl and seemed their usual selves. This morning more Pumpkin hair lined the hutch and he was in the bed box whilst Bella was in the main hutch. I put them out for exercise and browsing and Pumpkin just kept launching at Bella to the point of small wounds on both of them. I split them into seperate hutches with one having the stable whilst the other was locked away. I went up tonight and Pumpkin and Bella were chatting through the bars of Bellas hutch and they ate next to each other with Pumpkin outside Bellas hutch.

NOTHING has changed in anyway except due to circumstances beyond my control they were in their hutch nearly all day yesterday so I wonder if Bella has got frustrated. I am 100% certain Bella has started all this and Pumpkin has got to breaking point and stood up for himself.

I need this to work so badly but I know rabbits aren't always easy to bond but they were so tight and doing everything you would expect eg grooming, snuggling etc.

Where do I go from here. Is the fact they are now talking again hopeful and what's my next step?

TY for all advice, help offered xx

I don't know how to delete this but this question is now irrelevant.

I put them out this morning in a neutral area having seen them talking through the hutch bars and seemingly missing each other. They immediately carried on as normal.....no fighting, eating browse and no sign of aggression or other issues.

MUCH RELIEVED, long may it continue!!!

I don't know how to delete this but this question is now irrelevant.

I put them out this morning in a neutral area having seen them talking through the hutch bars and seemingly missing each other. They immediately carried on as normal.....no fighting, eating browse and no sign of aggression or other issues.

MUCH RELIEVED, long may it continue!!!

Haha, I am so pleased to hear this Tracy!

Just geared up to help, but so glad all is now well :D

I'm still building a bond, and as the forum can testify, it hasn't been without setbacks! Which means I couldn't have offered any advice, but I can say, try not to panic - it isn't unusual :) Fingers crossed things continue smoothly for you!

Rabbits eh??!! They're like best buds today after what was horrific battles yesterday. I have absolutely NO idea what set it off but here's hoping it doesn't happen again. xx

Good bunnies. I wonder if they are a bit like human couples, some never a cross word & others who enjoy a regular spat. I'm so pleased for you that peace is restored

Back