• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An update on Fiver

Thanks everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting much, had work today and I've been spending any extra time with the little chap.
Things may not be looking too good at the moment. His nail beds on his 'dead' leg are turning a dark color. Could be bruising or bad circulation or worse. I'll be speaking with his vet tomorrow, but I have a full shift at work so can't take him to the next town to be seen. She was of the opinion that if he hadn't made significant progress by Thursday that nothing more could be done. So I'm a little depressed for him.

He is still eating, still trying to move about. (He is confined to a carrier bottom to keep him from further injury and to promote rest and healing.) He isn't making the greatest of poos but he's only eating critical care and lettuce...no hay seems to interest him much...unless he's tearing it apart and tossing it aside. :roll: Of course, as I type that all of a sudden he's chewing up a few pieces. :oops:

I really don't want to have to lose him, but we'll see what the vet has to say. Something has to go right in this awful week. :(

Thanks everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting much, had work today and I've been spending any extra time with the little chap.
Things may not be looking too good at the moment. His nail beds on his 'dead' leg are turning a dark color. Could be bruising or bad circulation or worse. I'll be speaking with his vet tomorrow, but I have a full shift at work so can't take him to the next town to be seen. She was of the opinion that if he hadn't made significant progress by Thursday that nothing more could be done. So I'm a little depressed for him.

He is still eating, still trying to move about. (He is confined to a carrier bottom to keep him from further injury and to promote rest and healing.) He isn't making the greatest of poos but he's only eating critical care and lettuce...no hay seems to interest him much...unless he's tearing it apart and tossing it aside. :roll: Of course, as I type that all of a sudden he's chewing up a few pieces. :oops:

I really don't want to have to lose him, but we'll see what the vet has to say. Something has to go right in this awful week. :(

Hugs for you MM.

Yes, something has to go right for you, and I am sending those intentions to boost you both xx

Thanks for the update, MzM. He has a lot of people rooting for him. I hope further rest is the answer. {{{Fiver}}}

((((hugs)))

I'm sorry it's been such a rubbish week with everything.

Lots more vibes coming his way xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I said everything in my last PM but I'm just dropping by here to send some extra hugs xx

Sending mega vibes for poor Fiver, and hugs for you :( you and your buns are really going through it, aren't you? :( I really hope he starts to show signs of improvement xxx

Back