• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits can't fly but Angels can!

Whitesnowy

New Kit
This is the rabbit's heaven. A place where I imagine Whitesnowy deserve to be. He went through a lot of hardship - at the age of 6 he fought e. cuniculi and won, and from the age of 8 due to a back injury he spent the rest of his life (to his 10) as a disabled bunny (more here).
There're a lot of symbols in this painting. I miss him painfully much and it's a bit of a relief for me to share with people who really know what's to love a rabbit.

In the center of the painting is my beloved bunny. He's the only one aware that the viewer has just got through the forest and is standing in front of the rabbit's heaven. You can see how he has his ear raised. That was very typical of him to do so when he sensed the presence of somebody. And his head a bit tilted (reminded like that after his recovery from e. cuniculi).
There's his soul, right above Whitesnowy in the sky, white and pure like him in the shape of phoenix. According to mythology the phoenix is the symbol of rebirth and therefore Whitesnowy is reborn in heaven. His soul is flying towards a silhouette of hugged and thinking of him man and woman. These are me and my girlfriend, who never gave up on him and loved him greatly.
That little blue thing on his rear leg is a sock what I used to put on him when he was disabled. Having this in the painting is to symbolize that even tough he was disabled, he's now up and healthy again because there's no suffering in this place.
On the left you can see his family. He has a doe (his wife) and they have six kits. On the right there is a black rabbit with white forehead and neck. This is a rabbit who Whitesnowy used to know and who has also passed away but they are together now once again.
The shiny day, the green lawn, the flowers, the other bunnies, the little woods in the back - they all create the atmosphere of freedom, joy and happiness in the rabbit's heaven, where all good creatures binky free.

Last edited:
This is the rabbit's heaven. A place where I imagine Whitesnowy deserve to be. He went through a lot of hardship - at the age of 6 he fought e. cuniculi and won, and from the age of 8 due to a back injury he spent the rest of his life (to his 10) as a disabled bunny (more here).
There're a lot of symbols in this painting. I miss him painfully much and it's a bit of a relief for me to share with people who really know what's to love a rabbit.

In the center of the painting is my beloved bunny. He's the only one aware that the viewer has just got through the forest and is standing in front of the rabbit's heaven. You can see how he has his ear raised. That was very typical of him to do so when he sensed the presence of somebody. And his head a bit tilted (reminded like that after his recovery from e. cuniculi).
There's his soul, right above Whitesnowy in the sky, white and pure like him in the shape of phoenix. According to mythology the phoenix is the symbol of rebirth and therefore Whitesnowy is reborn in heaven. His soul is flying towards a silhouette of hugged and thinking of him man and woman. These are me and my girlfriend, who never gave up on him and loved him greatly.
That little blue thing on his rear leg is a sock what I used to put on him when he was disabled. Having this in the painting is to symbolize that even tough he was disabled, he's now up and healthy again because there's no suffering in this place.
On the left you can see his family. He has a doe (his wife) and they have six kits. On the right there is a black rabbit with white forehead and neck. This is a rabbit who Whitesnowy used to know and who has also passed away but they are together now once again.
The shiny day, the green lawn, the flowers, the other bunnies, the little woods in the back - they all create the atmosphere of freedom, joy and happiness in the rabbit's heaven, where all good creatures binky free.

That is one of the most beautiful things I have read in a long time, and I was tearful all through.

The painting is wonderful. I love the symbolism. Whitesnowy is beautifully whole forever now.

Thank you so much for posting this x

Such a beautiful picture and story. I was amazed at the symbolism and love how Whitesnowy is the only one looking to the viewer :love:

Back