• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bank Holiday Stasis! Update page 7.

I'm so sorry to hear Dilly has passed away.

When necessary opting to put to our friends to sleep is the most honourable, respectful decision you can make - it truly shows how much you care about Dilly and her quality of life, not that that makes it any easier.

Sending hugs x

Morning,

So I slept quite well last night knowing that Delilah was no longer suffering. I have agreed for out vet to do a PM as it was an unusual case of stasis - so hopefully she will learn something that will help future bunnies.

Her husbun Chester seems to be doing alright. He's grooming himself and tucking into all his food. Hopefully lots of cuddles, love and attention will prevent too much of a grieving process.

Does anyone have any tips for making sure he's happy and comfortable? xx

After my Cleo passed,her husbun coped okay,they were both house rabbits,he was on his own for two years before we got her.They were a loved up couple.He lived on for a few more .Cleo was four when she passed Rio was eight.

Morning,

So I slept quite well last night knowing that Delilah was no longer suffering. I have agreed for out vet to do a PM as it was an unusual case of stasis - so hopefully she will learn something that will help future bunnies.

Her husbun Chester seems to be doing alright. He's grooming himself and tucking into all his food. Hopefully lots of cuddles, love and attention will prevent too much of a grieving process.

I'm pleased that you opted for the PM and was interested to see your other post giving post-spay adhesions as a contributory cause. It is certainly tragic that this has happened to Delilah, but in your position I would have wanted some answers and I hope the PM has helped with this.

As far as Chester is concerned, I would just monitor the situation. It's good that he appears to be coping OK. He might appreciate a cuddly toy to snuggle.

Morning,

I'm pleased you have some sort of answer from the PM, but it's still so very tragic that you had to lose her.

I'm glad Chester seems to be coping well at the moment. I would just keep an eye on him and make sure his behaviour seems stable. It can change and become unpredictable with grieving, but not all rabbits are the same.

Hugs for you xx

Morning,

As I mentioned on the other thread I am very grateful for your post about Dilly's PM. I am so very sorry that post spay adhesions appeared to play a part in her demise :cry:

With regards to Chester, I often find that providing a recently bereaved Rabbit with some new toys and interesting new things to investigate can help to keep them 'busy'. I'd just make sure he keeps eating and pooing normally. I am sure that you will be able to pick up on how he is coping xx

Back