• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peaceful passing vibes requested please U/D Mimzy is finally at peace

Thank you everyone. It means so much to see so many here are thinking of my wee bub. I can't keep the tears from coming.

He made it through another night, and as of now, our last 24 hours together begins. Hardest moments of my life. Even saying goodbye to Shadow, my bridge dog, was not this difficult.

I don't think he is in pain. Little man still wants his food. :roll: I am syringing him small bits of water, critical care mixed with pumpkin-which he never liked before and is ravenous for now, and I may chance going out later today quickly to get him some banana...his absolute favorite.

He is peaceful but I think hanging on more than I expected for his condition. I think he is sensible enough that he will feel pain, so I am going to insist on pre-sedation no matter the vet's analysis. My guess is he will probably fade away with only that.

I probably won't update now until tomorrow evening, if I can even manage being online. I imagine I'm going to be a bit emotional. Unless he takes a turn and leaves us before then, in which case I will definitely let you all know.

Thank you again, so very much. You are all so kind. Bless you all. xxxxxxx

Thank you everyone. It means so much to see so many here are thinking of my wee bub. I can't keep the tears from coming.

He made it through another night, and as of now, our last 24 hours together begins. Hardest moments of my life. Even saying goodbye to Shadow, my bridge dog, was not this difficult.

I don't think he is in pain. Little man still wants his food. :roll: I am syringing him small bits of water, critical care mixed with pumpkin-which he never liked before and is ravenous for now, and I may chance going out later today quickly to get him some banana...his absolute favorite.

He is peaceful but I think hanging on more than I expected for his condition. I think he is sensible enough that he will feel pain, so I am going to insist on pre-sedation no matter the vet's analysis. My guess is he will probably fade away with only that.

I probably won't update now until tomorrow evening, if I can even manage being online. I imagine I'm going to be a bit emotional. Unless he takes a turn and leaves us before then, in which case I will definitely let you all know.

Thank you again, so very much. You are all so kind. Bless you all. xxxxxxx

Thinking of you - sending love and hugs xx

No change in Mimzy-now Fiver :(

Mimzy is still with us, but now Fiver has fallen ill. He has lost all rear end mobility very suddenly, he literally cannot unlock his legs from a crouch position. He has also bobbled his head and yawned a few times like he can't get enough oxygen. This is very similar to how Pip presented shortly before she passed. His resp effort is off the scale and I don't think he ate last night, probably because I kept Mimzy in my room. I can see he is highly stressed and scared and of course still no rabbit savvy vet till tomorrow.

This can't be coincidence. I fear I will be saying goodbye to 2 bunnies very soon. :cry:

Here for you, MM xxx
My heart is breaking for you, seeing both the boys poorly like this. I know Fiver is also an elder bun. I know they have had social time together and Fiver is attuned to Mimzy at times. While it would be a terrible blow to you, if the boys go together, I can't help but feel its about their unique connection. Bittersweet, but rather beautiful. And importantly, nothing to do with your care of them or punishment of you. I know you can be hard on yourself, blaming yourself for the way things go. I dearly hope your thoughts are not turning this way at this time. You would be hurting enough.
The bunnies came into your life for a reason and have lead you to many people that care about you and are grateful for your kind heart and ever-sympathetic ear. I just wish I could make this time for you less painful..:'( Just know, I and so many others are right here for you, always, our lovely MimzMum.

Please kiss their precious heads for me. xx

Last edited:
Mimzy is still with us, but now Fiver has fallen ill. He has lost all rear end mobility very suddenly, he literally cannot unlock his legs from a crouch position. He has also bobbled his head and yawned a few times like he can't get enough oxygen. This is very similar to how Pip presented shortly before she passed. His resp effort is off the scale and I don't think he ate last night, probably because I kept Mimzy in my room. I can see he is highly stressed and scared and of course still no rabbit savvy vet till tomorrow.

This can't be coincidence. I fear I will be saying goodbye to 2 bunnies very soon. :cry:

Just picked up your PM :cry:

I have replied

(((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

:cry:

Thank you both. I couldn't get thru this without any of you. I am at a loss as to how to rationalize all this to myself. To just say, "they've had good innings" isn't enough. I feel I should be doing more.

I will pass all the love sent here onto these precious souls. Thank you for sending it. They have definitely changed my life in ways I can never repay.

If it's their time and they go together, there isn't anything really to do but accept (incredibly hard!), and just Love them to their last breath and beyond.

I feel that is a too simplistic thing to say, you must be awash with so many emotions. But when things are out of out control, what else can we really do?

Just letting you know your still in my thoughts for this incredibly difficult day. It's so much easier to cope with when you have a trusted and established rabbit savvy vet at hand, it takes some of the pressure off you as an individual. I know I'd be completely broken in your situation so I don't know what to offer as words of wisdom, just know that we are here with you.

Back