• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this suitable housing?

Hi
I currently have 2 bunnies who live outside but I want them to live inside, for many reasons!I was wondering if this was ok for them to live in?: We have an attic like room, which has no windows. The door would be left open 24/7 and the light would probably be on in daytime.
I don't think it is suitable, but might as well check, just in case.
They wouldn't have access to the left side as that's where our electricity stuff is.
Also would it be suitable if their was a window in there?
I filmed a video showing the room vvv
Please excuse the mess of the room😂
Please tell me if the link doesn't work, this is my first thread and it took me 10 minutes to find how to post a thread! LOL

Last edited:
The link does work [emoji6]
I'm certainly no expert and I found it difficult to judge how large the available space would be. But as long as it is large enough, I can't see why it wouldn't work.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along shortly

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I agree that it isn't really totally clear how much room they would have.

Which door would be open all the time?

I also agree that, if the space is large enough, it would be fine.

I agree with what has already been said about space. I'm not sure that I would want rabbits living in a room without windows.

Hi :wave: Welcome :)

I think it has the potential to offer a nice area for them, depending on how much you would have to section off for your electricals. It would probably need a few levels etc.

Are you thinking of having a stair gate or something across the door? Where is the nearest window, could you get a bit of air flow through?

We have one indoor bun currently and I'd definitely miss having a window in there to air things out. He does have a fan also though x

How big is the space that the bunnies will have? You can section areas off with puppy panels, you need a large area for them, the bigger the better but certainly no smaller than the 10ft x 6ft the RWAF minimum recommended space. If it's an attic, how well insulated is it, as ours gets very hot in summer even with a window open!

I have a loft room in my house and it's like a sauna in there in summer, even with both windows wide open, so that would be my main worry. You might need to look at some sort of portable air-con unit for summer time. :)

I agree with whats been said previously as long as its a big enough space for them to jump and run around it should be fine, the other thing is without windows it may get quite smelly in there just something to think about, especially in the summer time and also they may get over heated.

Hi
I currently have 2 bunnies who live outside but I want them to live inside, for many reasons!I was wondering if this was ok for them to live in?: We have an attic like room, which has no windows. The door would be left open 24/7 and the light would probably be on in daytime.
I don't think it is suitable, but might as well check, just in case.
They wouldn't have access to the left side as that's where our electricity stuff is.
Also would it be suitable if their was a window in there?
I filmed a video showing the room vvv
Please excuse the mess of the room��
Please tell me if the link doesn't work, this is my first thread and it took me 10 minutes to find how to post a thread! LOL

Hi. The link works. I would say yes they could live in there but you still might want to put them out for at least a couple of hours to be outside if that's what there used to :D

Hope this helps :p

Back