• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plant ID help

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone have any idea what this is? Sorry about poor picture quality.
e087b9c4f43828091651177520288a7f.jpg
90f7d1fc2fb4abb7b31d69212d97ccda.jpg
6346d646a1d93eca7bd3c500367fd9f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I think you're right. It gets the same blooms as some of the pictures I've seen.

I guess not bunny safe, but it is human safe?

the leaves & twigs are good for bunnies but apparently only at certain time of the year...probably soon.

the leaves & twigs are good for bunnies but apparently only at certain time of the year...probably soon.
Thanks. I shall do some research later on the laptop to see what I can find.

if anyone thinks it may be something else, please let me know :) x

I think it's definitely some sort of Prunus. From the pics I'd say that the fruit is too large for a Sloe, so I'd go for what we call Hedge Plum. It could also be Bullace. So no, not rabbit safe, but yes to human safe (plums may be a bit sour) in either case.

I think it's definitely some sort of Prunus. From the pics I'd say that the fruit is too large for a Sloe, so I'd go for what we call Hedge Plum. It could also be Bullace. So no, not rabbit safe, but yes to human safe (plums may be a bit sour) in either case.
Thanks Omi. The fruits reminded me of large blueberries :oops:
So far all the suggestions have been human safe so later I'll go give them a try.

They look like sloe to me - just shows how much I know - I'd have tried to make sloe gin with them.

They look like sloe to me - just shows how much I know - I'd have tried to make sloe gin with them.

They might be Sloes, but they would be large ones imo. They are all close cousins anyway and I think you could make Sloe Gin with any of them quite successfully :)

Well it would've been 'Prunus' Gin instead, but I'm sure it would've hit the spot in just the same way ;)

Sloe is also a Prunus (Prunus Spinosa) :) They are all members of the Prunus family. So I suppose if it was made with any of them it could be called Prunus Gin :lol:

Sloe is also a Prunus (Prunus Spinosa) :) They are all members of the Prunus family. So I suppose if it was made with any of them it could be called Prunus Gin :lol:

:lol:

I think that is probably the sort of Gin they drank in the staff common room at Hogwarts :)

Back