• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Odd problem with changing thread title

Lisa F

Mama Doe
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue. I'm having trouble changing the title of my shed build thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...hed-Build-Blog-(Temp-run-attached-Pics-Pg-10)

I like to add an "U/D" bit whenever I add new pics or something but, although it's letting me change the thread title in "edit", once I save and click out of it it still shows up as it was previously.

Even stranger, it's ONLY doing this on my housing thread as I've updated the title on Ernie's eye operation thread in health a few times successfully.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue. I'm having trouble changing the title of my shed build thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...hed-Build-Blog-(Temp-run-attached-Pics-Pg-10)

I like to add an "U/D" bit whenever I add new pics or something but, although it's letting me change the thread title in "edit", once I save and click out of it it still shows up as it was previously.

Even stranger, it's ONLY doing this on my housing thread as I've updated the title on Ernie's eye operation thread in health a few times successfully.

How weird and annoying!

I've flagged it up for attention :)

I had exactly the same problem with my 'Gold' thread yesterday. I tried about 3 times but, as you say, although it looked ok, once it was saved it reverted. I blamed my computer - but I think it was the forum.:roll:

I'm not sure what's going on. :oops:

If you look at the thread title it still says (temp run attached, Pics Pg 10) but, if you go into the thread, there's a title above the first post itself which says (U/D Aviary started, Pics Pg 10).

I just managed to edit the actual title by hovering the mouse over the thread title (from within the main housing section) & then double clicking. Does that work for you?

It doesn't explain why the other way isn't working but will flag it up for Tamsin as I might be missing something obvious..... :oops:

Actually, now I've messed around with the thread title the discrepancy I described isn't there, so you might not know what I was talking about. :oops::lol:

Have a try at editing it again the usual way first, then try the double-click maybe..... ?

I've had this issue with the FHB owners' day thread. I've tried numerous times to edit - it still says next event is 17 September 2016, when you go to it it reads "16 September 2017"... but I can't get the title to change. (I don't understand the double click solution, though I had a vague go at what I thought I understood :oops:)

If you look at the thread title it still says (temp run attached, Pics Pg 10) but, if you go into the thread, there's a title above the first post itself which says (U/D Aviary started, Pics Pg 10).
Yup, I noticed that too. The "U/D Aviary started, Pics Pg 10" is the new thread title so it's registering the change on the post but not the title. :roll:

I just managed to edit the actual title by hovering the mouse over the thread title (from within the main housing section) & then double clicking. Does that work for you?
I think that might be a mod thing as even double clicking takes me back into the thread.

It doesn't explain why the other way isn't working but will flag it up for Tamsin as I might be missing something obvious..... :oops:
Thanks Karen! :D

Yup, I noticed that too. The "U/D Aviary started, Pics Pg 10" is the new thread title so it's registering the change on the post but not the title. :roll:

I think that might be a mod thing as even double clicking takes me back into the thread.

Thanks Karen! :D

Weird :?

I've never had any probs editing my titles. But I may well do now ... :lol:

Famous last words, Mighty Max! :lol:

Lisa and Bunny Buddy, I know everybody used to have the option to double click the thread title at one point :? but it might have changed somewhere along the line. My explanation wasn't great either :oops: but you need to double click anywhere in the white box beside the thread title rather than actually on it.

So, go to the forum your thread is in (Housing in Lisa's case), find your thread and double click on the white box containing the thread title (but not on the title itself). Does that make more sense? :oops: This would be so much easier with photos...... :lol::lol:

Famous last words, Mighty Max! :lol:

Lisa and Bunny Buddy, I know everybody used to have the option to double click the thread title at one point :? but it might have changed somewhere along the line. My explanation wasn't great either :oops: but you need to double click anywhere in the white box beside the thread title rather than actually on it.

So, go to the forum your thread is in (Housing in Lisa's case), find your thread and double click on the white box containing the thread title (but not on the title itself). Does that make more sense? :oops: This would be so much easier with photos...... :lol::lol:

I just put the cursor into the speech box and delete/change what I want to ... I only click once to get the cursor in there.

Yes, can you make a YouTube sticky please Karen, with all your spare time :lol:

I just put the cursor into the speech box and delete/change what I want to ... I only click once to get the cursor in there.

Yes, can you make a YouTube sticky please Karen, with all your spare time :lol:

Is that from the edit post option on the post itself?

I'll add the youtube sticky to my to do list...... It would be like the blind leading the blind. :oops::lol::lol:

There certainly used to be another way. That's what my hopeless explanation was for but I'm not sure if it's been disabled for normal members now.

Just to update, I'm still unable to change the title on my thread in housing but I CAN update the title on my thread in health. :? :roll: :lol:

Back