• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When will it end?

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Spring fever..... still.

As soon as spring hit Daphne became another rabbit. She's spraying everything, trying to dominate the life out of poor Phoebe and generally being a moody little so & so.

I honestly thought it would have calmed down by now but I just spent an hour wiping down the walls in their room because of her spraying. (Thankfully she hasn't been doing it in the other rooms).

They have pet remedy in at all times as it helps curve some of Daphne's dominant behaviour, but when will this end? Summer has almost finished and I see no end in sight for her behaviour.

Bit of background on her : She was 2 years in June and has been neutered since she was 16 weeks old due to highly aggressive behaviour. She didn't show signs of spring fever last year.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm afraid I can't offer any advice, but I really do sympathise with how difficult it must be for you trying to live around this! That's a long time to cope with difficult behaviour, particularly when it's making your living space not nice as well. I hope it does end soon. (((hugs))) (if they are appreciated)

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice, but I really do sympathise with how difficult it must be for you trying to live around this! That's a long time to cope with difficult behaviour, particularly when it's making your living space not nice as well. I hope it does end soon. (((hugs))) (if they are appreciated)
Much appreciated xx (((((hugs)))))

I still love the life out of her, but I'm very proud of the bunny room which has now also become an office and I just wish she didn't have to add to the room clean like this.

Eurgh, sounds like a nightmare. Again, can't offer any real advice but might be related to the less-than-summer-like temperatures? I mean, day length hasn't changed from normal years, but it's been an exceptionally cool July and August IIRC.

For reference, I've usually washed all my indoor long clothing (long cardigan thing, 'lounge' trousers) but I'm still wearing them on and off. And our house has only warmed up to unbearable temperatures twice this year, the rest of the time it's been temperate verging on chilly :S I'm sat in them now, with a hot drink, and the heating came on for a good 5mins both times today.

Our rabbit developed a bad case of Spring Fever when they came back from boarding 3 weeks ago. I'm getting really fed up too (as is our bunny who's being pestered). I don't know how to stop it either, but you have my sympathies!

My next trick will be to take them for their RHD2 vaccine next week. I'm hoping the vet trip and any post-vaccine sluggishness will snap him out of it (and they need to be vaccinated anyway).

Eurgh, sounds like a nightmare. Again, can't offer any real advice but might be related to the less-than-summer-like temperatures? I mean, day length hasn't changed from normal years, but it's been an exceptionally cool July and August IIRC.

For reference, I've usually washed all my indoor long clothing (long cardigan thing, 'lounge' trousers) but I'm still wearing them on and off. And our house has only warmed up to unbearable temperatures twice this year, the rest of the time it's been temperate verging on chilly :S I'm sat in them now, with a hot drink, and the heating came on for a good 5mins both times today.
Thank you. That's a possibility. We've not had the heating on at all here, but neither have we had the windows/doors open as usual so I guess that could be a factor in it.
Our rabbit developed a bad case of Spring Fever when they came back from boarding 3 weeks ago. I'm getting really fed up too (as is our bunny who's being pestered). I don't know how to stop it either, but you have my sympathies!

My next trick will be to take them for their RHD2 vaccine next week. I'm hoping the vet trip and any post-vaccine sluggishness will snap him out of it (and they need to be vaccinated anyway).
I hope the trip helps! They've been to vets and boarding during this time and it didn't seem to make any difference. (Apart from Daphne was better behaved at the boarding place).

It's interesting why it's happening isn't it, although I do sympathise with the spraying. As you know I have 2 bucks living with 1 doe. The 2 bucks usually start showing signs each Spring, but this year it's continued through the Summer. It's not everyday, but very often the 2 bucks, father and son, both try to hump the doe and also each other! Fortunately they haven't felt the need to spray though!

Hopefully the spraying will end soon for you.

It's interesting why it's happening isn't it, although I do sympathise with the spraying. As you know I have 2 bucks living with 1 doe. The 2 bucks usually start showing signs each Spring, but this year it's continued through the Summer. It's not everyday, but very often the 2 bucks, father and son, both try to hump the doe and also each other! Fortunately they haven't felt the need to spray though!

Hopefully the spraying will end soon for you.

Is it transient, or does it ever cause a rumpus?

Does Tan not do any humping?

Is it transient, or does it ever cause a rumpus?

Does Tan not do any humping?

Never any hint of aggression and it is even tolerated for a while before the humpee moves away. That sometimes leads to half-hearted chasing by the humper, but he rarely gets to achieve a second go because the humpee avoids it. So yes, the whole event is transient and no rumpus.

No, Tan has no interest in humping :lol: I think she might have done a bit when she was much younger, but again it's never caused a problem.

They were all neutered about 5-6 years ago. Its interesting isn't it.

Back