• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co - 2017 Green Oat Hay

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
I got so frustrated as this was consistently showing as out of stock, so I emailed them. Got a response to say that they are now processing a small amount, but not advertising it on the website. They offered to send me some and send me a paypal invoice, which I've just done.

So if anyone wants any, email them quick:D

I got so frustrated as this was consistently showing as out of stock, so I emailed them. Got a response to say that they are now processing a small amount, but not advertising it on the website. They offered to send me some and send me a paypal invoice, which I've just done.

So if anyone wants any, email them quick:D

Well done you and good idea :thumb:

How much (weight) are they sending you?

I was there collecting hay at the weekend and forgot to ask about the oat hay! Would be interested to know your bunnies opinion when it arrives :)

I do this all the time. I thought I'd mentioned it in a previous post :oops: Sorry! I'm constantly harassing them on FB.
They will also make up 50/50 Timothy and Green Oat if you and nicely ;)

I was there collecting hay at the weekend and forgot to ask about the oat hay! Would be interested to know your bunnies opinion when it arrives :)

We have had the 2016 Oat hay a couple of months ago and that was eaten faster than any other hay they have had. I will let you know whether this 2017 batch matches it.

How wonderful that you visited them :D What can you tell us about the place? Did you see the hay fields?

How are they liking the timothy hay Omi - have they got used to it?

I got a new batch, and mixed it with the old, and it's going down OK :)

How wonderful that you visited them :D What can you tell us about the place? Did you see the hay fields?

I've only been twice as I'm fairly new to the 'Timothy hay' party :lol: the first time I went the lady pointed out their drying barn across the road but I don't know which fields belong to them as there are so many farms in the area. It is just a bog standard farm - there are no signs up at the farm to advertise their website although they do have small 'hay for sale' signs you would never know they produced such amazing hay! They do also sell 'normal' bales similar to the ones I get from other horse suppliers. I love driving there especially on a sunny day as the scenery is amazing. The amount of wet weather we've had this summer can't have helped their drying process (hence the bag size reduction :( )

How are they liking the timothy hay Omi - have they got used to it?

I got a new batch, and mixed it with the old, and it's going down OK :)

Well it's almost gone now. They clearly did eat it, but the bag has lasted longer than usual and there was no rushing to it when it was replenished. The Oat hay will be here on Monday.

I've only been twice as I'm fairly new to the 'Timothy hay' party :lol: the first time I went the lady pointed out their drying barn across the road but I don't know which fields belong to them as there are so many farms in the area. It is just a bog standard farm - there are no signs up at the farm to advertise their website although they do have small 'hay for sale' signs you would never know they produced such amazing hay! They do also sell 'normal' bales similar to the ones I get from other horse suppliers. I love driving there especially on a sunny day as the scenery is amazing. The amount of wet weather we've had this summer can't have helped their drying process (hence the bag size reduction :( )

It sounds idyllic :)

Which bag size has been reduced? The sizes on the website seem to be the same as they were a few months ago at least.

The Timothy hay bags have reduced from 10kg to 9kg starting from August. Typical that I only bought my first bag in July and now the bunnies love it!

The Timothy hay bags have reduced from 10kg to 9kg starting from August. Typical that I only bought my first bag in July and now the bunnies love it!

Oh gosh yes you're right :thumb: It hadn't changed last time I looked :)

I just looked - when I ordered mine at the beginning of the month it was August, but still 10kg.

Glad to see they have the oat hay back on there again :)

I know the bag size has reduced, but at least they didn't reduce bag size & increase price like many other companies would do.

Actually having received the 9kg bag, it's really not that different.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Boo helped me clean out their supply cupboard yesterday & she got super excited to find a small pile of green oat hay. I hope its back in stock soon

Boo helped me clean out their supply cupboard yesterday & she got super excited to find a small pile of green oat hay. I hope its back in stock soon
Somewhere (probably on another thread) someone (Omi?) emailed them and they are producing the green oat hay but not in sufficient quantities to advertise on their website.
I would guess if you want some, it would be worth trying a email to them

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Back