• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co - 2017 Green Oat Hay

Somewhere (probably on another thread) someone (Omi?) emailed them and they are producing the green oat hay but not in sufficient quantities to advertise on their website.
I would guess if you want some, it would be worth trying a email to them

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Yes, Roxy said that, and it works, as I've done it in the past ;)

Somewhere (probably on another thread) someone (Omi?) emailed them and they are producing the green oat hay but not in sufficient quantities to advertise on their website.
I would guess if you want some, it would be worth trying a email to them

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I did email them yesterday - no reply as yet but it is the weekend

I was very excited when I saw the oat hay on their website but my boys hated it. :( Little divas. They do love their Timothy Hay though. :D

I did email them yesterday - no reply as yet but it is the weekend

It took a couple of days before I had a response and when I did it was late in the evening. Once I confirmed I would like some sent though it was despatched immediately before I'd even paid.

It's just arrived, so rabbits will have a treat soon :D

I was there collecting hay at the weekend and forgot to ask about the oat hay! Would be interested to know your bunnies opinion when it arrives :)

Where is it actually located? How much is it when you pick it up? Just wondering if I would be better picking my orders up in the future.

One crazy bunny mum.....
Top left is readigrass, right is Timothy hay, bottom left is green oat hay. Buns approve of it.
35c9689e0acc28f7f3df190304c501c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I love the bags too, when I bought bales of hay they made such a mess of my car boot. I bought a new car recently and was dreading having to put hay in the boot but now I'm buying the timothyhay.co.uk hay there's no mess :D

I love the bags too, when I bought bales of hay they made such a mess of my car boot. I bought a new car recently and was dreading having to put hay in the boot but now I'm buying the timothyhay.co.uk hay there's no mess :D

Casco, do you have a trio of buns as in your avatar? :love:

We re-use most bags that we buy animal feed and gardening supplies in e.g. the rabbits' hay, compost bags. chicken pellet bags, wild bird food bags. With the hay bags it's simple to undo the row of machining by snipping one end. It then just pulls undone in one go and you don't need to cut the bag.

We re-use most bags that we buy animal feed and gardening supplies in e.g. the rabbits' hay, compost bags. chicken pellet bags, wild bird food bags. With the hay bags it's simple to undo the row of machining by snipping one end. It then just pulls undone in one go and you don't need to cut the bag.
I tried to do that and it kept pulling tighter so I just cut the bag these days :oops:

I tried to do that and it kept pulling tighter so I just cut the bag these days :oops:

Yeah, it's only one end that will work and then only one side of the machining, so it's a bit of trial and error :)

Yeah, it's only one end that will work and then only one side of the machining, so it's a bit of trial and error :)

I laboriously unpicked my last bag stitch by stitch before I realised if I pulled the other end it just 'unzipped' :roll:

I was determined not to cut into the bag!

Haha, most things get re-used in this house :lol: We've even re-used the sewing twine before now as it's very strong.

I've just used it as a strong bin bag for building materials. I can't do better than that for now...not enough space in this house. Thats the beauty of foraging, no packaging

Back