• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jake is being bonded..

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Meet Jasmine :love: I adopted her last week from Honeybunnies, she was named Mimosa but my partner wanted something that would 'go with Jake'! I started bonding yesterday morning, Jasmine was a little nervous at first as Jake is very confident and was pushing at her to be groomed etc! But after an hour they were soon relaxed and all is well! They're grooming, sitting next to each other, eating and binkying! They're getting frustrated at the small space and both chewing at the bars and rattling the pen, they're loose in the bathroom now (with toilet/sink blocked off) but it's still small. I've cleaned the bedroom with white vinegar solution this morning and wondering if it's too soon to move them in, and keep them shut in the XL dog crate for now then let them have more and more space in the room slowly. Or does anyone think it's too soon to move them?

Aww, she is lovely & a suitable buddy for Jake who I have a huge soft spot for.

So during bonding she was a little nervy - no chasing, humping, fur pulling? For a pair that would be enough for me & I'd move them now, I'm impatient

Last edited:
Thank you all :D There's been no chasing, nipping etc. A small amount of humping from Jake but only lasted a couple of seconds then they were hopping about as normal! I think I will move them to the crate in the bedroom while I still have a day off work to keep an eye on them. Fingers crossed all will go well still :)

I bonded my trio, who all got on so well, I moved them outside less than 48 hours later. Never had any problems.

Jasmine is gorgeous. :love::love::love:

Thank you all :D There's been no chasing, nipping etc. A small amount of humping from Jake but only lasted a couple of seconds then they were hopping about as normal! I think I will move them to the crate in the bedroom while I still have a day off work to keep an eye on them. Fingers crossed all will go well still :)

Good luck Liz!

I had a couple of foster rabbits a while ago, and as I used to name all my rabbits, I called them Jake and Jasmine - yay, wonderful names!

I would move them and see how it goes. Sounds like they are loved up :love:

Good luck x

Thank you all, sorry for the late reply! That made me smile MM, obviously Jake and Jasmine make good bunny names :D I did move them the next day into the bedroom, they chewed the bars of the crate so I just opened it to let them have the full room and they have been fine :love: They both love seeing me and my partner, so we let them out and they come into our room and snuggle up with us on a night :love:

Thank you all, sorry for the late reply! That made me smile MM, obviously Jake and Jasmine make good bunny names :D I did move them the next day into the bedroom, they chewed the bars of the crate so I just opened it to let them have the full room and they have been fine :love: They both love seeing me and my partner, so we let them out and they come into our room and snuggle up with us on a night :love:

You and I have good taste Liz :D

This scene looks lovely! Are they getting on OK all the time now?

No wees on the bed? :shock::)

How lovely! :love:

Thank you :) They are, there's been no fights, chasing, humping etc! They do sometimes sit away from each other, and don't often groom. But I think they are both happy with that, they have a very similar personality and I think both enjoy their own company from time to time :lol: Nope, Beano was well known for her tendency to wee on the bed but Jake and Jasmine don't seem to! Jasmine does pull the litter tray out of the crate and wee behind it though :roll:

Thank you :) They are, there's been no fights, chasing, humping etc! They do sometimes sit away from each other, and don't often groom. But I think they are both happy with that, they have a very similar personality and I think both enjoy their own company from time to time :lol: Nope, Beano was well known for her tendency to wee on the bed but Jake and Jasmine don't seem to! Jasmine does pull the litter tray out of the crate and wee behind it though :roll:

Really good! A higher sided crate maybe?

How fab :) I have three bunnies away being bonded at the moment. Get them home on Wednesday.

Back