• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Floppy ear after op.

He has pain relief but that's it - is this normal do you think? :(

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I just saw this - I called and explained and they said they'd book me an appointment and I could cancel if he improves. He's not drank anything either :( guess I'll take him down there a bit later - since having the CC he has pooped a little...

I just saw this - I called and explained and they said they'd book me an appointment and I could cancel if he improves. He's not drank anything either :( guess I'll take him down there a bit later - since having the CC he has pooped a little...

You can make the CC very runny, to get more water in him.

Won't he be tempted by freshly picked grass, or strong smelling herbs such as coriander, dill, parsley?

Hopefully over the next few hours he'll eat and poop a bit, so you won't have to go. Fluids are a good thing though - your vet can give them under the skin, but you could syringe some in by mouth? Flavour with apple juice or something? My buns are a knockover for flavoured water :)

Hes eaten little bits of veggies, no pellets or hay - the CC I gave him was watery but he's doing this thing where he almost won't swallow and it just falls out of his mouth... Weird really.. I've got some apple juice in the fridge I could mix with some water and try altho I feel he might spit it straight out... :(

Hes eaten little bits of veggies, no pellets or hay - the CC I gave him was watery but he's doing this thing where he almost won't swallow and it just falls out of his mouth... Weird really.. I've got some apple juice in the fridge I could mix with some water and try altho I feel he might spit it straight out... :(

Yes sometimes they just leave stuff in their little mouths and it dribbles right out again :roll:

I found a tasty Ella's kitchen blueberries and bananas baby food was irresistible :)

Yea that's exactly what happened haha and I have one of those not that flavour but I could try that mixed in water :) he's pooped a little bit, but im not sure whether or not to take him to the vets :(

Has he been able to have a gentle hop about out of his cage ? It may help x

Yea he's hopped around but he gets spooked and runs and jumps back in :( not quite himself

Don't really wanna put him through going to the vets as he's not himself but if I keep him ticking over will he at some point start again? Difficult to know what to do tbh x

Okay so given him some of the strawberry one mixed with water in a syringe he wasn't too pleased but had it at least - still not sure whether to take him to the vet or not? :(

Yea that's exactly what happened haha and I have one of those not that flavour but I could try that mixed in water :) he's pooped a little bit, but im not sure whether or not to take him to the vets :(

He's eaten a bit and pooped a bit .... can you hold off the vet decision for another hour maybe?

Not really the vet appointment is at 5.50 and takes me about 30 mins to get there so need to work out what I'm doing really - I'm thinking I might cancel it and just keep checking him because I really don't want to stress him out unless it's really needed. How much water how often if he's not drinking? Any kind of guide lines?

Not really the vet appointment is at 5.50 and takes me about 30 mins to get there so need to work out what I'm doing really - I'm thinking I might cancel it and just keep checking him because I really don't want to stress him out unless it's really needed. How much water how often if he's not drinking? Any kind of guide lines?

I understand :)

I would give him, gently and slowly, as much as he will take. If you can only do 5ml at a time, then try again in 1 - 2 hours with perhaps a change - different flavoured water, a bit of baby food, some mashed pellets in the baby food (or CC - but my buns don't care for that).

Wet leafies of all kinds - bramble leaves, forage, rose leaves and herbs. I sometimes tickle their nose with it until they get annoyed with me and snatch it out of my hand and eat it in disgust!

You could try a treat or two - or a few plain dry porridge oats.

I rang them to cancel it and they said bring him down at 6.30 just so they can have a look at him I've tried all his favourites but he's just not interested - I often annoy him with a veggie til he snatches it off me but now he just buries his head in his bed so not even that worked unfortunately - quite concerned he's not peed so maybe seeing the vet will be a good thing x

I rang them to cancel it and they said bring him down at 6.30 just so they can have a look at him I've tried all his favourites but he's just not interested - I often annoy him with a veggie til he snatches it off me but now he just buries his head in his bed so not even that worked unfortunately - quite concerned he's not peed so maybe seeing the vet will be a good thing x

I agree. I hope he will soon be back to his usual happy self xx

Thanks :) I'll let you know how I get on thanks to everyone for advice so far xx

Yeah, I think he's backed you into a corner, so you have to go really. Naughty rabbit.

Please update later :)

They're both good at doing that - yesterday whilst he was having his op the girl started limping and hold one of her back legs up, well I freaked thinking it'd popped out again rang the vet surgeon said it sounds serious and to bring her straight down etc etc - turns out she's fine haha that was an expensive trip for 5 minutes of his time haha - leaving soon will update when I'm back :) xx

They're both good at doing that - yesterday whilst he was having his op the girl started limping and hold one of her back legs up, well I freaked thinking it'd popped out again rang the vet surgeon said it sounds serious and to bring her straight down etc etc - turns out she's fine haha that was an expensive trip for 5 minutes of his time haha - leaving soon will update when I'm back :) xx

Did I say that Rexes are also highly skilled at raising our stress levels !!

Back