• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Floppy ear after op.

I asked if I could see a vet but William isn't there til Monday and it didn't sound like anyone else was :( is metacam loxicom then? x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yes, it's the same drug (Meloxicam) just made by a different manufacturer xx

Okay so I put some of that awful musili food in his bowl... He's eating it.... I think I'm happy haha

How is he today?
Hard to say really - he's eaten little bits but he keeps doing only the poops they re eat, forgotten the name (but he doesn't re eat them) - but none of the normal pellet like ones - I'm wondering if I don't give him cc and hope he keeps eating little bits? Worried about him :(

Hard to say really - he's eaten little bits but he keeps doing only the poops they re eat, forgotten the name (but he doesn't re eat them) - but none of the normal pellet like ones - I'm wondering if I don't give him cc and hope he keeps eating little bits? Worried about him :(

His little night droppings - caecotrophs.

I can understand you being worried. I would ring the vet again and see what they say. Are they still open? x

No they aren't open at all at weekends unfortunately :( x

Well it took him a week but he finally started eating and drinking by himself so not sure why. Ear still down and he's becoming more like himself everyday which is good :)

I was out last night getting supplies and my partner saw a tiny black rex type bunny in the store on its own, it's been there for weeks and it's gorgeous well he somehow convinced me that we should take it home so we did (has to be the one and only time I buy from a pet shop :( ) but she's tiny and gorgeous so hopefully she'll like living here :) she's so small compared to my other two at 10 weeks though so who knows what she is xx

Well it took him a week but he finally started eating and drinking by himself so not sure why. Ear still down and he's becoming more like himself everyday which is good :)

I was out last night getting supplies and my partner saw a tiny black rex type bunny in the store on its own, it's been there for weeks and it's gorgeous well he somehow convinced me that we should take it home so we did (has to be the one and only time I buy from a pet shop :( ) but she's tiny and gorgeous so hopefully she'll like living here :) she's so small compared to my other two at 10 weeks though so who knows what she is xx

Oh blimey, I warned you about Rex addiction !! :lol:

I'm glad that your boy is doing better now, even if he's still got a lopped ear.

I eagerly await photos of the new arrival :D

Oh you naughty person :)

I'm sure you will give her a wonderful home :)

Glad your boy seems to be recovering. Yes, I wondered whether the ear would spring back ... Lucky you love him anyway :love:

Oh my goodness :love: I don't go into pet shops, because I know I could never leave a Rex behind :lol: It's not just the wanting to have the rabbit, but the concern that it would go to a "non Rex appreciating home" :lol:

Yes, pics please :)

Glad Cinnamon is now feeling better :D

Yes exactly just couldn't leave her haha I'll attach a few pictures she's 10 weeks old maybe someone who knows rexes could guess if she's actually a rex or maybe a mini? She's so much smaller than the other two were but maybe she'll get to the same size :) one picture she's next to a standard kitchen roll tube haha - gotta come up with a name too which fits with Atticus and Clementine :) xx
a9c6c3f9a798d0b812775297a9c5d039.jpg
53ec24a188913739a6cb320b7f5ac882.jpg
dd34cdfbd8ee91a588c1c9931d5e8d48.jpg
f1ff1d153a56853063f1346965958d57.jpg
2c94094a0291bbebf9d65a55b7b4dd4f.jpg

Also - Atticus has moved his ear a little which could be promising but honestly he's perfect regardless of his ears, it's his new hair do :D xx

Yes exactly just couldn't leave her haha I'll attach a few pictures she's 10 weeks old maybe someone who knows rexes could guess if she's actually a rex or maybe a mini? She's so much smaller than the other two were but maybe she'll get to the same size :) one picture she's next to a standard kitchen roll tube haha - gotta come up with a name too which fits with Atticus and Clementine :) xx

She's a beauty. Do you know her weight ? That'd indicate if she's a Mini Rex. It's hard to tell from a photo.

As for names 'Scout' to go with Atticus (To Kill a Mocking Bird ?)

She's absolutely gorgeous, I can see why you fell for her :love:

Yes I'm totally in love with her haha she's so gentle too but bold :) thinking maybe calling her Fleur :) her weight is 1.15kg at 10 weeks - my other girl was 1.8kg at 12 weeks I think? Don't know if this helps work it out xx

Yes I'm totally in love with her haha she's so gentle too but bold :) thinking maybe calling her Fleur :) her weight is 1.15kg at 10 weeks - my other girl was 1.8kg at 12 weeks I think? Don't know if this helps work it out xx

Yes, if the weights and dates are correct, then she does seem considerably smaller

Back