• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding an older bun

sammy4586

Young Bun
I have an 8 year old male lop bunny who is neutered. He lost his partner last year, and i tried bonding with a younger Dutch bunny (who was a lone bunny before i adopted her) but it was unsuccessful and sadly i lost her to GI stasis. I feel bad him being on his own although he seems perfectly happy. Should i try again with another lady bun and if so what age would be best as its hard to find a bun the same age as him, or should i leave him on his own.

Bump

I shall reply when I have time but for now I shall have to bump it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have an 8 year old male lop bunny who is neutered. He lost his partner last year, and i tried bonding with a younger Dutch bunny (who was a lone bunny before i adopted her) but it was unsuccessful and sadly i lost her to GI stasis. I feel bad him being on his own although he seems perfectly happy. Should i try again with another lady bun and if so what age would be best as its hard to find a bun the same age as him, or should i leave him on his own.
My best suggestion to you is to rebond him, but find a rabbit savvy rescue that can offer a dating service. This will allow him to chose a partner of his own, and will provide the best chance of a successful bond.
Age doesn't make a real difference when it comes to bonding, it's personality which counts.

good luck x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back