• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teeth spurs

Thanks guys! I am just hoping he has no tongue lacerations, but he's been dribbling so :( he also had a bit of a sticky bum so he's being clipped. Going to pop into the pet shop next door (kennelgate) to get some different hays !! If only he was more like B and N who demolish hay at a rapid pace :lol:

Thanks guys! I am just hoping he has no tongue lacerations, but he's been dribbling so :( he also had a bit of a sticky bum so he's being clipped. Going to pop into the pet shop next door (kennelgate) to get some different hays !! If only he was more like B and N who demolish hay at a rapid pace :lol:

Aaawww you'll find a good solution for all this!

Thank you for your PM reply, and glad we are on the same page :)

He is coming around and I'll collect him later:D
Brilliant news. Such a good boy he is.
Not sure if you're UK or USA but maybe have a look at the Hay Experts... they do a trial of 5 hays so you can see if he has a preference. I can always look into sending you a little pack of the Timothy hay I use to see if he likes that x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We are home! He seems to have taken the anaesthetic a little worse than usual :( poor guy. He is spark out in his litter tray at the moment! I have been to the pet shop and bought a couple of different hays including a lovely green sweet Timothy hay.

Poor little mite, it's awful when they have teeth problems isn't it.

We have a mini lop who had bad teeth but touch wood, it's been two years since he has needed a dental. He loves the Oxbow Hay and I get the massive boxes from SPH supplies which saves a fortune. He loves a mix of the Western Timothy and Orchard grass with bit of Burgess dandelion & marigold mixed in. So far it's done the trick. We keep him on a few Oxbow pellets and daily greens also. We had his teeth checked last month when he had his booster and they're fine. I hope all goes well for you, there is nothing worse than fretting over when the next dental will be.

Poor little mite, it's awful when they have teeth problems isn't it.

We have a mini lop who had bad teeth but touch wood, it's been two years since he has needed a dental. He loves the Oxbow Hay and I get the massive boxes from SPH supplies which saves a fortune. He loves a mix of the Western Timothy and Orchard grass with bit of Burgess dandelion & marigold mixed in. So far it's done the trick. We keep him on a few Oxbow pellets and daily greens also. We had his teeth checked last month when he had his booster and they're fine. I hope all goes well for you, there is nothing worse than fretting over when the next dental will be.

I will check those out! Think I have see them at the hay experts?

Back