Thread: A heart attack moment

Default A heart attack moment

We were out for a bit this afternoon and as Daphne had been in the bedroom all day I decided to check the camera just to see all was okay. This was the picture I saw:

Took me 5 mins of staring at the camera so I could see her breathing. Even then I kept staring until she moved but she only moved slightly...

Needless to say me and OH had a heart attack.

(Please excuse the mess - it's clean day and my parents showed up before I had a chance... we went straight out when they left.)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by daphnephoebe; 12-08-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Warren Veteran

Oh this is dreadful and to see it on a camera when you're out is even worse! I know what it's like to keep watching intently for signs of movement and/or breathing.

I also have to say a large "well done" to Daphne and Phoebe if that's the extent of their mess after a week. The rabbit shed here looks like that overnight

They do it on purpose, you know that don't you ? little tinkers all of 'em Treacle says "call that mess ! you should what I can do "
    [IMG][/IMG]

"I didn't mean to scare you mummy. I was just feeling tired and sick yesterday..... I'm better now..... can I have tweats?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    They do it on purpose, you know that don't you ? little tinkers all of 'em Treacle says "call that mess ! you should what I can do "
    I'm sure they do But we still love them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Oh this is dreadful and to see it on a camera when you're out is even worse! I know what it's like to keep watching intently for signs of movement and/or breathing.

I also have to say a large "well done" to Daphne and Phoebe if that's the extent of their mess after a week. The rabbit shed here looks like that overnight
    I think the room looks terrible, but even mum wasn't phased when I went to show her the desk.
    She did sit up after about 10 mins, have a big stretch and then sat in a bunny loaf.

I was just looking at your desk with its hidey holes. Did you make it? It looks fabulous x

Quote Originally Posted by Glingle View Post
    I was just looking at your desk with its hidey holes. Did you make it? It looks fabulous x
    It's from Manor Pet Housing

What a beautiful girl, I can see why u panicked! My Cody had a habit of doing that, had to check for breathing so many times.
    Mum to Oliver.

Still spirit mum to my white cloud Lance who died in my arms on 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. So sorry we could not save u my princess . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Love u forever. Poor brave brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    We were out for a bit this afternoon and as Daphne had been in the bedroom all day I decided to check the camera just to see all was okay. This was the picture I saw:

Took me 5 mins of staring at the camera so I could see her breathing. Even then I kept staring until she moved but she only moved slightly...

Needless to say me and OH had a heart attack.

(Please excuse the mess - it's clean day and my parents showed up before I had a chance... we went straight out when they left.)

Mess? What mess??

And yes, a heart stopping moment indeed! I know they love to relax, and it's wonderful they feel secure enough to do so, but really hard on us humans. When you're not there to prod, it's even worse!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Mess? What mess??

And yes, a heart stopping moment indeed! I know they love to relax, and it's wonderful they feel secure enough to do so, but really hard on us humans. When you're not there to prod, it's even worse!
    All the poops around the floor .... that mess

She done it again earlier. I went to have a shower, came out and looked in their room to check on them. Daphne was asleep in the hide at bottom of desk. On her side, wet eyes from Phoebe's kisses and completely passed out asleep. Phoebe was sat on top of the dig box watching.... I guess acting as protector. I'm sure I'm going to die young because of Daphne and her dead bunny flops.