Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a particular rabbit breed

Mama Doe

A thrianta, absolutely stunning bunnies! My two remaining lions are my last bunnies ever though so a thrianta will always just be a dream. I have had all the rest of my dream bunnies, Dutch crosses in various colours but mostly black, my lop an Otter and my lionhead girls.

Thank you Deelove for my signature!

Make 2015 in 2015 ~ 144.49

I would absolutely love a Thrianta. They are just so eye-catching and gorgeous!

I also adore English Angoras but I'd probably have to clip them (like the beautiful bridge bunny, Wally)

My rabbit shed & aviary build thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...86#post6423486

Quote Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
    A Belgian Hare for me. OH wants a Frenchie, or a Velveteen Lop. One day!
    In follow-up to myself () I actually asked OH the question. His first answer was actually a Continental Giant. (And then a Velveteen, if we could keep it in a large enough outdoor enclosure with appropriate bedding for their rexy hocks. Frenchie is in 3rd place for him.)

I'd also like a Dutch one day, in part because one has yet to cross my path.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara the cats*Aurora the horsefield's tortoise*Delta & Epsilon the guinea pigs*
    Never forgetting Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, and Iris

T. L. Cowell - Author & Freelance Writer
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.
    Hopping Mad, for hopping mad things for your buns.

A really huge one, preferably black or agouti.

Not really - I love all breeds and I'll wonder sometimes what my next rabbits will be but there's no telling!

Although, I definitely want one of my next rabbits to be a Flemish Giant. And maybe a Florida White. I'm really interested in the more rare breeds as well.

And not a breed, but I'd quite like to have cottontail rabbits. One of the natives e.g. Sylvilagus palustris, Sylvilagus aquaticus or Sylvilagus floridanus

I have one of my dream breeds already, my Stakki, a blue-eyed, black and white, double maned lionhead.

My other dream breed is a dwarf angora. They're very rare in the UK; I've only ever seen them on a blog belonging to people in Finland. Please message me if you come across any!

http://teaandmisanthropy.tumblr.com/...s-his-right-to
    Last edited by Zarla; 12-08-2017 at 04:15 AM.

We had our dream bunny - Bramble our Belgian hare.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Warren Veteran

A large white uppy-eared rabbit, or preferably a family of them. Second choice would be the same but agouti coloured. Third choice would be a wildie

I've only ever had Thriantas and the odd mixed-breed rabbit so I would like to own more of a variety. I've always wanted a conti, a belgian hare, a rhinelander, a schwarzgrennen, an angora and a himalayan. I fell in love with a Himalayan bunny who was up for adoption, he was so beautiful and friendly but kept getting overlooked because of his red eyes and he has some stains from where other rabbits used to spray him, I just wish I had space for him Me and my partner know that in the future I'm going to end up adopting/fostering a ton of rabbits because I can't say no

I got a pair of Thriantas last year after a break with no bunnies at all. I was going to try a new breed (or mix) but when I saw these boys I was like nope, can't do it, I don't care if it's a six hour journey to pick them up, I couldn't think about anything else. I will definitely adopt different types of rabbits in the future but I think I'll always have a thrianta or two I like how they're a pretty 'natural' rabbit shape, not dwarf, not giant, no lop ears or squished up face. The uniqueness of them is their fur colour and that doesn't cause health problems
    Last edited by DemiS; 13-08-2017 at 05:29 PM.
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

A wildie x, a himalayan, a dutch (love the tri colours and the black and white), a belgian hare (had two but had to rehome them. They are sooo gorgeous) and a rex please!