• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a particular rabbit breed

A thrianta, absolutely stunning bunnies! My two remaining lions are my last bunnies ever though so a thrianta will always just be a dream. I have had all the rest of my dream bunnies, Dutch crosses in various colours but mostly black, my lop an Otter and my lionhead girls.

I would absolutely love a Thrianta. They are just so eye-catching and gorgeous!

3df6f125a7a51c3cad2c061fc26fdcce.jpg

I also adore English Angoras but I'd probably have to clip them (like the beautiful bridge bunny, Wally)

English-Angora-Rabbit-Breed.jpg

6d8d2eceed5235d9307b1c8273ad63d1--angora-rabbits-english-angora-rabbit.jpg

A Belgian Hare for me. :) OH wants a Frenchie, or a Velveteen Lop. One day!

In follow-up to myself :)lol:) I actually asked OH the question. His first answer was actually a Continental Giant. (And then a Velveteen, if we could keep it in a large enough outdoor enclosure with appropriate bedding for their rexy hocks. Frenchie is in 3rd place for him.)

I'd also like a Dutch one day, in part because one has yet to cross my path.

Not really - I love all breeds and I'll wonder sometimes what my next rabbits will be but there's no telling! :lol:

Although, I definitely want one of my next rabbits to be a Flemish Giant. And maybe a Florida White. I'm really interested in the more rare breeds as well.

And not a breed, but I'd quite like to have cottontail rabbits. One of the natives e.g. Sylvilagus palustris, Sylvilagus aquaticus or Sylvilagus floridanus

A large white uppy-eared rabbit, or preferably a family of them. Second choice would be the same but agouti coloured. Third choice would be a wildie :love:

I've only ever had Thriantas and the odd mixed-breed rabbit so I would like to own more of a variety. I've always wanted a conti, a belgian hare, a rhinelander, a schwarzgrennen, an angora and a himalayan. I fell in love with a Himalayan bunny who was up for adoption, he was so beautiful and friendly but kept getting overlooked because of his red eyes and he has some stains from where other rabbits used to spray him, I just wish I had space for him :( Me and my partner know that in the future I'm going to end up adopting/fostering a ton of rabbits because I can't say no :oops:

I got a pair of Thriantas last year after a break with no bunnies at all. I was going to try a new breed (or mix) but when I saw these boys I was like nope, can't do it, I don't care if it's a six hour journey to pick them up, I couldn't think about anything else. I will definitely adopt different types of rabbits in the future but I think I'll always have a thrianta or two :love: I like how they're a pretty 'natural' rabbit shape, not dwarf, not giant, no lop ears or squished up face. The uniqueness of them is their fur colour and that doesn't cause health problems

Last edited:
A wildie x, a himalayan, a dutch (love the tri colours and the black and white), a belgian hare (had two but had to rehome them. They are sooo gorgeous) and a rex please!

I have always wanted a Continental Giant. We've had a French lop who was so lovely, great big softy and the laziest bunny I've ever known
:)

Last edited:
Back