Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VHD2 - New Epidemic cases in Hampshire

Default VHD2 - New Epidemic cases in Hampshire

HI,

Unfortunately I've just lost my two sweet bunnies to VHD2. Today I received the tests results and is confirmed.
    I took them in February to take vaccinations and the vet neglect my little ones not giving them the vaccine against VHD2.
    They took the normal ones and after I asked if there wasn't another one to be given to them, they told me no.
    My little ones died while I was on holidays and I was shocked for not being able to hold them and be with them in their last hours.
    The vet I went was St.Kitt's in Hartley Wintney and its hard to get over the fact that they just ignored the virus and didn't alert me to this.

So just want to call the attention to all rabbit owners - this is not a friendly "Vet" for rabbits.
    Our 2 rabbits died 2 weeks ago because they were not given a vacine for a virus who is well known for being killing rabbits in the area.
    We have seen a negligent act from this Vet Centre that killed our rabbits.
    I do not recommend this place at all.
    They tried to run away from their responsibilities even after the blood samples proved the rabbits died from that virus.
    Please chose another place to take care of your rabbits as you won't get the right attention to your rabbits in this Vet Centre.
    It's not about the animals it's just another business!

Good Luck to all and make sure all your rabbits have this vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    HI,

Unfortunately I've just lost my two sweet bunnies to VHD2. Today I received the tests results and is confirmed.
    I took them in February to take vaccinations and the vet neglect my little ones not giving them the vaccine against VHD2.
    They took the normal ones and after I asked if there wasn't another one to be given to them, they told me no.
    My little ones died while I was on holidays and I was shocked for not being able to hold them and be with them in their last hours.
    The vet I went was St.Kitt's in Hartley Wintney and its hard to get over the fact that they just ignored the virus and didn't alert me to this.

So just want to call the attention to all rabbit owners - this is not a friendly "Vet" for rabbits.
    Our 2 rabbits died 2 weeks ago because they were not given a vacine for a virus who is well known for being killing rabbits in the area.
    We have seen a negligent act from this Vet Centre that killed our rabbits.
    I do not recommend this place at all.
    They tried to run away from their responsibilities even after the blood samples proved the rabbits died from that virus.
    Please chose another place to take care of your rabbits as you won't get the right attention to your rabbits in this Vet Centre.
    It's not about the animals it's just another business!

Good Luck to all and make sure all your rabbits have this vaccine.

Welcome to the Forum AEV, and I am sorry it's under such sad circumstances.

I am so sorry to hear about your rabbits, that's awful news for you. Sadly a lot of vets don't realise the extent and seriousness of the problem.

I am going to cross post your post onto my thread about RHD2 to alert others about the risks in your area:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...Survey-Results

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, the circumstances are heartbreaking x

So very sorry to hear this, how awful xx
    Looking for RHD2 vaccine or want more info? Join our Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/
    To view reported cases of RHD2 or vets reported to have RHD2 vaccine: http://rhd2map.ajltech.co.uk
    Here's my RHD2 and myxomatosis blog:https://rhd2diary.wordpress.com

Wise Old Thumper

Just awful I am so sorry. RIP Bunnies

Alpha Buck

I'm very sorry you have lost your rabbits to this horrible virus
    It does underline the importance of using a rabbit savvy vet

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

I am sorry for your loss. I am not sure that saying the vet 'killed' your rabbits will make you feel better, long term. Yes, you could have received better advice elsewhere, but ultimately any of us could see our animals go of disease, of fly strike, through accidents. It happens even to very experienced owners.

Mama Doe

I'm sorry you lost your bunnies in such terrible circumstances

Whilst I agree that the vet should have told you about the vaccine, I feel it's also our responsibility as owners to keep up with developments in rabbit welfare and medicine. I knew about RHD2 long before my vet through this forum and rabbit Facebook groups I am on - so please stay as it is a wealth of knowledge here.
    Bunny mum to Jessie, Blue, Noah (trio) Hettie & Sweep and troublesome River who is still waiting for the right man!
    Piggy mum to Mabel, Molly and Peaches

Remembering Skye, Woody, Maisie-pig and Marley-pig. Always in our hearts and very much missed

Looking for welfare orientated bunny boarding in Hampshire? Visit www.chestnutcorner.co.uk or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/chestnutcorner

Warren Veteran

I am very sorry that you lost your rabbits to this horrible disease

So sorry for your loss due to such a cruel disease xx