• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garage clearout

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Had a 30min garage clearout this evening: we'd so much dried forage in there (we have like 5 big boxes full in the house, plus an airing cupboard full too!) it was getting in the way and I wanted to do something for a local rescue, so I'm dropping it off there tomorrow along with most of a bale of hay I don't really need (we've plenty of that too!). It fills the car...

DGz82uoXUAMr77l.jpg

DGz8yLpXcAAanzU.jpg

DGz8qIJXsAAMuoU.jpg

The hawthorn flowers still smell like fresh hawthorn flowers :D I hope there's space for it all at the rescue (we'll manage XD)!

Our bunnies are currently 'enjoying' dried rose twigs, as Matt's saving the leaves for... sometime later?! I dunno, I leave him to it! (Ha, 'leaf' him to it! :lol:)

I take no credit (except that hay bale I bought and the bag full of hawthorn, I carried it at least!): it's all the OH! His walk to work takes in some lovely countryside (I love Nottingham, it's so 'suburban'!) and he brings something home every day and goes to 'unusual' places at the weekend. When the Council does some pruning, he brings all the bits home (sometimes I go and help, see bag of hawthorn!) and when it's windy he gets whole willow branches (like, 15' long ones).

Does mean the garage is inaccessible from about April onwards though!

Had a 30min garage clearout this evening: we'd so much dried forage in there (we have like 5 big boxes full in the house, plus an airing cupboard full too!) it was getting in the way and I wanted to do something for a local rescue, so I'm dropping it off there tomorrow along with most of a bale of hay I don't really need (we've plenty of that too!). It fills the car...

DGz82uoXUAMr77l.jpg

DGz8yLpXcAAanzU.jpg

DGz8qIJXsAAMuoU.jpg

The hawthorn flowers still smell like fresh hawthorn flowers :D I hope there's space for it all at the rescue (we'll manage XD)!

Our bunnies are currently 'enjoying' dried rose twigs, as Matt's saving the leaves for... sometime later?! I dunno, I leave him to it! (Ha, 'leaf' him to it! :lol:)

Wow, there's loads there and it looks lovely stuff :)

Rescue very happy with it! Especially the hay, much nicer than what they've got at the moment! One of the (resident) rabbits was sneaking willow through the bars, and the (resident) dog poked their nose into the willow and got covered in fluff XD My car smells of 'green'!

Back