Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pippin is poorly again. Vibes please...

Default Pippin is poorly again. Vibes please...

Hey. Pip was pulling fur a bit last night but I wasn't overly worried because it's only been a few weeks and it's not grown back under her chin yet, so there's nothing to pull as such.

Roll on to 3.30pm today and I checked on the buns. Pip was obviously in pain, belly pressing, grinding teeth and really cold.

I feel awful because I've just been cleaning all day and didn't realise. She was so lively at 10am.

She got up and starting straining and pushing her bum in the air. A bit of wee came out.

I rang the vets they can't see us till 7. I've just managed to get some meticam in her (was waiting for the vet to confirm dosage)

She's a bit warmer after me chasing her to get the medicam in. But she's flopped on the floor teeth grinding and looking very sorry for herself.

I feel so helpless...

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Poor Pippin, sending positive vibes for you both x

Sending lots of vibes - I hope the vet is able to help and she feels much better soon!

Hope vets visit goes ok, and they find out what the problem is. Loads of vibes for Pippin xxxx
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Hey. Pip was pulling fur a bit last night but I wasn't overly worried because it's only been a few weeks and it's not grown back under her chin yet, so there's nothing to pull as such.

Roll on to 3.30pm today and I checked on the buns. Pip was obviously in pain, belly pressing, grinding teeth and really cold.

I feel awful because I've just been cleaning all day and didn't realise. She was so lively at 10am.

She got up and starting straining and pushing her bum in the air. A bit of wee came out.

I rang the vets they can't see us till 7. I've just managed to get some meticam in her (was waiting for the vet to confirm dosage)

She's a bit warmer after me chasing her to get the medicam in. But she's flopped on the floor teeth grinding and looking very sorry for herself.

I feel so helpless...

If she still seems cold could you provide her with a heat pad ? I hope she will feel better soon xx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    If she still seems cold could you provide her with a heat pad ? I hope she will feel better soon xx
    I've popped a wheat pillow near her. She seems warmer but her ears are still cold?

Warren Veteran

Sending lots of vibes for Pippin. I hope the vets can help.

Wise Old Thumper Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar

Sending Pippin millions of vibes. Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post

I feel so helpless...

So sorry to hear this

If you feel it's an emergency, can you call your vet and explain? A cold bunny isn't good.

Has she warmed up at all since you last posted?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    So sorry to hear this

If you feel it's an emergency, can you call your vet and explain? A cold bunny isn't good.

Has she warmed up at all since you last posted?
    Hi sorry for the delay. Just got back home.

Pip was her normal self by the time we got there. Vet said the metacam had kicked in.

Ears are perfect
    Teeth still perfect
    Her bald patch is starting to re grow.
    He said her straining and the little bit of wee that came out, was due to her trying to expell the gas!

He's still not sure why she is pulling her fur. He said to do last treatment of ivermectin tomorrow.

He said next step would be a general blood test to see if threw up any abnormalities. It's a bit expensive though :-(

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do. Feeling tearful and confused.

Ps thanks for your vibes... she's eaten a few bits of hay