• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excessive moulting ?

Pets mum

Wise Old Thumper
Any other buns going through a mega moult ? This past week, I'm just getting loads off Treacle, it's a wonder she's not bald ! Should I be worried ? She's fine in her self, but I've never know this much come off her ! It's certainly not been over warm here, not since June ! She does have an exceptionally thick coat, and up till now hasn't shed much, maybe she's just a bit late ? She's an indoor bun, but spends about half the day outside in her run.
Any thoughts, or am I just looking for problems :roll:

Hello.

Both my buns are in a mega moult and have also never moulted this much before. It's also been cooler since June. I tell my floof bums that they are odd and they'll be naked if they moult anymore!

I wouldn't worry, I expect your bun is OK, just having a heavy moult.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hello.

Both my buns are in a mega moult and have also never moulted this much before. It's also been cooler since June. I tell my floof bums that they are odd and they'll be naked if they moult anymore!

I wouldn't worry, I expect your bun is OK, just having a heavy moult.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, good to know I'm not alone :D

Doughnut doesn't seem to be moulting that much but she does sometimes come off in big chunks and I see them in her mouth which worries me! Since she's fine I wouldn't worry but sometimes I do think Doughnut is going bald as so much comes off!

Back