Thread: My rabbit's heart is beating faster when he's resting then when he's playing.

New Kit

Default My rabbit's heart is beating faster when he's resting then when he's playing.

My not nurtured 4.5 year old rabbit's heart is beating fast (like 4-5 beats per second) when he's resting but is normal speed (1-3 BPS) when he's hopping around and playing. What should I do?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by ElephantLover View Post
    My not nurtured 4.5 year old rabbit's heart is beating fast (like 4-5 beats per second) when he's resting but is normal speed (1-3 BPS) when he's hopping around and playing. What should I do?
    Do you mean his respiratory rate ? How are you counting his heartbeat when he's moving

The best thing to do is to consult your Vet who can give your Rabbit a thorough examination

Quote Originally Posted by ElephantLover View Post

It's really hard to ascertain how fast a rabbit's heart is actually beating without using a stethoscope. I suspect you are referring to his respiratory rate? IE his breathing rate?

Are you sure you've measured correctly?

4/5 beats per second is really fast, so if that really is the case you should get him examined by a rabbit savvy vet asap.