Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can rabbits cope with only one eye? U/D: New pic pg 5

A quick reply as I've just got in from sleeping in my Mum's room at her Care home as she's very ill ..

Indeed they can. Luna had E. Cuniculi and consequently has lost the sight in one eye ... ok, she so she veers to one side, but she manages really well.

No problems at all. Xx

Dropped Ernie off for his surgery this morning. I was a mess even before we got there! Poor little bun looked so sorry for himself.

I also have the additional worry that he and Eric will now be separated for a whole day. Could this cause any issues when Ernie gets back home and they are together again?

My rabbit shed & aviary build thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...86#post6423486

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa F View Post
    Dropped Ernie off for his surgery this morning. I was a mess even before we got there! Poor little bun looked so sorry for himself.

I also have the additional worry that he and Eric will now be separated for a whole day. Could this cause any issues when Ernie gets back home and they are together again?
    When you go to collect Ernie can you take Eric too ? Re-introducing them at the Vets and then if possible have them travelling home in the same carrier should help. There may be no issues at all. But Ernie will 'smell wrong' to Eric. Also, it will be important to make sure that Eric does not keep licking the surgical wound on Ernie. It may be that they need to live side by side but not have unsupervised direct contact for a short time.

Sending lots of vibes for Ernie xx

Warren Veteran

Sending loads of vibes for him. I hope it all goes well.

Separating my three, when one has to be at the vets has never caused any issues.

Good luck to your wee man. Fingers crossed for a swift recovery, wee soul xx

My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

Good luck for the operation - I hope you hear soon that all has gone well

Loads of vibes for Ernie xx

I hope it won't cause any issues with Eric, but will you be able to take Eric with you to the vet so that they can travel home together in the carrier? It may or may not have a beneficial effect, but worth a try

Ernie is awake! Still very dopey but she said the surgery went well. I'm hoping that he copes with recovery just as well. We'll get another update on him around 6pm and we'll know then whether we can bring him home tonight or in the morning.

With regards to putting him back with Eric. I don't have another carrier unfortunately so I'm just going to have to re-introduce them carefully. If I have something to divide the shed then I might do that but can't think what I have that I could do it with. When re-introducing them is it a good idea to offer a distraction such as food?

My rabbit shed & aviary build thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...86#post6423486

Ernie is awake! Still very dopey but she said the surgery went well. I'm hoping that he copes with recovery just as well. We'll get another update on him around 6pm and we'll know then whether we can bring him home tonight or in the morning.

With regards to putting him back with Eric. I don't have another carrier unfortunately so I'm just going to have to re-introduce them carefully. If I have something to divide the shed then I might do that but can't think what I have that I could do it with. When re-introducing them is it a good idea to offer a distraction such as food?

I'm so pleased to hear that the surgery went well Lisa

If Ernie is dopey, it's probably best if they aren't together right away. Unless the vet can keep Ernie till he recovers a bit more spring in his step, I would be wary of letting them together unless you can keep a watchful eye.

Yes food is a marvellous distraction Herbs .. dill, coriander, parsley, mint - I wouldn't hold back with the lovely eating things as you really want them together asap, once Ernie is recovered a bit from his sleepiness xx

Soo pleased about Ernie and his surgery, poor man, hope he is recovering well x
    Lance got your wings 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016. Oliver my gentle baby boy, hope you have found the others, 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.