• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hey everyone,

After a year n a bit of my partner wearing me down we got a bunny 2 months ago and I love the wee guy to bits. Meet Thumper:
5dcc9466b1c999bdccf3176640eb8ebd.jpg
1c2bfc20cb237d835f2ab259f695935c.jpg
b1f886562f7194af77d0504b435d1e39.png

I've only ever had dogs and I must say bunnies are pretty much the same only cuter. We will be looking to convert half the garden into a playpen for him (and us). Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance, Paul and Samara x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! He is adorable :D

I'm forever saying to people that our rabbit is exactly the same as a dog just with nicer poo and less demanding. He looks like he's a very happy (and cute and fluffy) bunny!

Welcome! He is adorable :D

I'm forever saying to people that our rabbit is exactly the same as a dog just with nicer poo and less demanding. He looks like he's a very happy (and cute and fluffy) bunny!

Maybe not the less demanding part but everything else yes.

The only issue we have is he won't eat hay only the pellets and treats. He's a fussy bunny lol

Thumper is adorable:love: welcome to RU :wave:

Thank you

Maybe not the less demanding part but everything else yes.

The only issue we have is he won't eat hay only the pellets and treats. He's a fussy bunny lol

Thank you

How much are you giving him and when? I know some people do feeds morning and evening, but we've always done an early evening feed of veg/herbs and a bedtime feed of pellets, then left ours with just hay during the day, which means they sort of have to eat it. Hopefully someone with more experience on here can help out!

How much are you giving him and when? I know some people do feeds morning and evening, but we've always done an early evening feed of veg/herbs and a bedtime feed of pellets, then left ours with just hay during the day, which means they sort of have to eat it. Hopefully someone with more experience on here can help out!

We have put out pellets in the morning and evening and left hay during the day. But we've noticed he refuses to eat unless we are sitting down eating our dinner at the same time. If we stop he stops it's crazy. I think we will have to take the pellets away from him until he eats his hay. But not sure if that's cruel or not.

What quantities of pellets are you feeding?
If you want a comparison, our two share 12g of pellets a day which are mostly hand fed as treats, any left in the evening are scattered in their pen

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

What quantities of pellets are you feeding?
If you want a comparison, our two share 12g of pellets a day which are mostly hand fed as treats, any left in the evening are scattered in their pen

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I go with about 2 handfulls of pellets and a tray of hay. (2 handfulls is about 30g)
a274fd367ba7945deb971f8aa69b5657.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Thumper is a beautiful little fluff monster! ❤️❤️❤️

Before I had rabbits I thought hay was just hay. I've now learned there's quite a variety of types (meadow, timothy, oat etc) and some rabbits can be quite fussy about it!

If you haven't done so already it might be worth trying him on different types to see if there's one he prefers. You can get samples online from the hay experts and hayandstraw.co.uk

Timothyhay.co.uk is also very popular with bunnies on here (including mine!)

Okay so went to the vet and found that he has an abnormal jaw/bite problem so his teeth don't line up and they don't grind down properly. (I also have this issue bit of a crazy coincidence). So he has to be taken to the vet every month to get his teeth filed down.

I am happy we found the problem but gutted he has hid it from us. Are rabbits prone to hide things like injuries etc?

Back