Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone,

Default Hey everyone,

After a year n a bit of my partner wearing me down we got a bunny 2 months ago and I love the wee guy to bits. Meet Thumper:

I've only ever had dogs and I must say bunnies are pretty much the same only cuter. We will be looking to convert half the garden into a playpen for him (and us). Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance, Paul and Samara x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! He is adorable

I'm forever saying to people that our rabbit is exactly the same as a dog just with nicer poo and less demanding. He looks like he's a very happy (and cute and fluffy) bunny!

Thumper is adorable welcome to RU

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Default Hey everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by Monty's Human View Post
    Welcome! He is adorable

I'm forever saying to people that our rabbit is exactly the same as a dog just with nicer poo and less demanding. He looks like he's a very happy (and cute and fluffy) bunny!
    Maybe not the less demanding part but everything else yes.

The only issue we have is he won't eat hay only the pellets and treats. He's a fussy bunny lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Thumper is adorable welcome to RU
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PaulAndSamara View Post
    Maybe not the less demanding part but everything else yes.

The only issue we have is he won't eat hay only the pellets and treats. He's a fussy bunny lol

Thank you

How much are you giving him and when? I know some people do feeds morning and evening, but we've always done an early evening feed of veg/herbs and a bedtime feed of pellets, then left ours with just hay during the day, which means they sort of have to eat it. Hopefully someone with more experience on here can help out!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty's Human View Post
    How much are you giving him and when? I know some people do feeds morning and evening, but we've always done an early evening feed of veg/herbs and a bedtime feed of pellets, then left ours with just hay during the day, which means they sort of have to eat it. Hopefully someone with more experience on here can help out!
    We have put out pellets in the morning and evening and left hay during the day. But we've noticed he refuses to eat unless we are sitting down eating our dinner at the same time. If we stop he stops it's crazy. I think we will have to take the pellets away from him until he eats his hay. But not sure if that's cruel or not.

Welcome

Beautiful photos

Alpha Buck

What quantities of pellets are you feeding?
    If you want a comparison, our two share 12g of pellets a day which are mostly hand fed as treats, any left in the evening are scattered in their pen

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Horace the Bold View Post
    What quantities of pellets are you feeding?
    If you want a comparison, our two share 12g of pellets a day which are mostly hand fed as treats, any left in the evening are scattered in their pen

I go with about 2 handfulls of pellets and a tray of hay. (2 handfulls is about 30g)

Alpha Buck

You could reduce the pellets over a couple of weeks and see if they eat more hay instead