• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I bond Twinkle [emoji92] again?

ghibli

Warren Scout
Hi,

I know everyone says rabbits should be in pairs, but I sometimes think I made a mistake bonding Ghibli and Twinkle [emoji92]?

They were both single bunnies their whole lives, and they both spent a lot of energy competing for affection.

I'm obviously grateful I got Twinkle [emoji92], but I'm not sure that were as happy with the arrangement as the people who set it up!

I know this is a big issue for a lot of people, but I'm still a little sensitive about Twinkle [emoji92]. I'm also not entirely sure that Twinkle [emoji92] would be that happy having the only rabbit she ever got on with replaced?
bcfc6fef96d543e920bdf02994af1051.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would probably give it a go. It all depends on the personalities of the rabbits... just because Ghibli and Twinkle weren't 100% happy with their arrangement it doesn't mean that Twinkle won't be happy with another rabbit :) I would just wait until the right rabbit comes along. Rescues are usually pretty good at pairing up rabbits :D

In saying that she does look incredibly happy... take your time to make your mind up. There isn't any rush :)

I would probably give it a go. It all depends on the personalities of the rabbits... just because Ghibli and Twinkle weren't 100% happy with their arrangement it doesn't mean that Twinkle won't be happy with another rabbit :) I would just wait until the right rabbit comes along. Rescues are usually pretty good at pairing up rabbits :D

In saying that she does look incredibly happy... take your time to make your mind up. There isn't any rush :)

I agree. Usually it is best for a Rabbit to have a companion of there own kind. But on very rare occasions there are exceptions to the 'rules'. I had a Doe who had the closet bond imaginable with her companion. When he died suddenly and unexpectedly she was distraught :cry: Despite my best efforts over many years with numerous other Rabbits she 100% refused to be bonded again. So it can happen, but it is not the norm.

Just take things one day at a time xx

Thanks [emoji5] I've decided I'm going to try bunny dating so I can be with them when they meet [or at some point at least]. That way she'll know from the start that she'd be sharing me as well as getting a new friend, and can decided if that's what she wants. If she's happy with it them I am, and if she's not then I don't mind getting up at 5am or 6am to keep her company [emoji5] it's worth it to see her happy every day.
0f22d7c12afa53d3a70b1b0f1eb1e7c3.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

She's lovely :love:

Have you found somewhere to take her? Sending loads of good wishes for a good outcome.

Back