• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hair regrowth after scabbing

Dollymix

Young Bun
My Rex bun has had a small patch with no hair on his back where he got bit in a bonding fail about 2 months ago , and now he had a tiny scab on his face It fell off and now he has a hairless paych on his face , why doesn't the hair grow back after scabbing , does this happen to anyone else

My Rex bun has had a small patch with no hair on his back where he got bit in a bonding fail about 2 months ago , and now he had a tiny scab on his face It fell off and now he has a hairless paych on his face , why doesn't the hair grow back after scabbing , does this happen to anyone else

The fur does usually regrow eventually.

Hi there Dollymix :)

When did the scab fall off?

Hair will usually grow back, but it may take 2/3 weeks. In the meantime the skin should turn from pink to a darker colour as the hairs grow.

I'm sorry you had a bonding fail. Will you try again with another rabbit? x

Hi there Dollymix :)

When did the scab fall off?

Hair will usually grow back, but it may take 2/3 weeks. In the meantime the skin should turn from pink to a darker colour as the hairs grow.

I'm sorry you had a bonding fail. Will you try again with another rabbit? x

The scab fell off today , and hopefully I want to try again but I would like a rescue which does the speed dating as it really kicked my confidence and I really want it to grow back but they are both white skin do you think the fur will eventually return? I'm more bothered about the one on his face tbh :(

The scab fell off today , and hopefully I want to try again but I would like a rescue which does the speed dating as it really kicked my confidence and I really want it to grow back but they are both white skin do you think the fur will eventually return? I'm more bothered about the one on his face tbh :(

Yes I do think it will grow back :)

I hope you find a rescue to help. Many people find bonding their own rabbits extraordinarily stressful. I don't blame you needing a bit of support!

Good luck in finding somewhere to help :thumb:

Back