• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely rescues/rescuers that might help with a bond?

Squishies

Warren Scout
I've been um-ing and ah-ing about how and when to bond my little rescue, Piglet with my pair of mini-lops, and have decided to wait until I'm back from hols in September. I'd really, really, really like some help from someone more experienced than me, to give it all the best chance of succeeding, and to help provide some truly neutral space for the trio to get settled in and cement their bond.
Does anyone know of any rescues or 'rescuers' in the London/Surrey/SE area (happy to travel) that might be able to help me in return for a super-generous donation and/or future help e.g. transport/fostering (whatever is most useful!)?

Although Piglet is technically a rescue and came from poor conditions in a 'unwanted' home, he didn't come directly from a rescue centre, and all the centres I have researched look like they only offer help to those taking rabbits from them.

As above, I'm looking for a helping hand and am willing to give a generous donation back in to the pot towards helping buns in need. I can travel if needed and am happy to stay with the buns or get out of the way as is preferred!

All ideas welcome as ever!

Mx

I've been um-ing and ah-ing about how and when to bond my little rescue, Piglet with my pair of mini-lops, and have decided to wait until I'm back from hols in September. I'd really, really, really like some help from someone more experienced than me, to give it all the best chance of succeeding, and to help provide some truly neutral space for the trio to get settled in and cement their bond.
Does anyone know of any rescues or 'rescuers' in the London/Surrey/SE area (happy to travel) that might be able to help me in return for a super-generous donation and/or future help e.g. transport/fostering (whatever is most useful!)?

Although Piglet is technically a rescue and came from poor conditions in a 'unwanted' home, he didn't come directly from a rescue centre, and all the centres I have researched look like they only offer help to those taking rabbits from them.

As above, I'm looking for a helping hand and am willing to give a generous donation back in to the pot towards helping buns in need. I can travel if needed and am happy to stay with the buns or get out of the way as is preferred!

All ideas welcome as ever!

Mx

M :wave::wave:

If you get totally stuck, we could talk? :)

Oh, MM you are a saviour as ever! -- I will PM you with what I've found, but it's good to know you're here with your bunny-wisdom if I get in a pickle!

Anyone know of any places?

Only place I know of is the Rabbit Residence but they're in Royston so other side of London + a bit more.

Hopefully this'll act as a bump for you.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks DaphnePhoebe - just having a nose at the site and trying not to be distracted by the babies being adopted!!

MM, I've PM'd you also, and our messages crossed - so now you have two rambling messages from me :roll: :) (doh!).

Thanks both x

Thanks DaphnePhoebe - just having a nose at the site and trying not to be distracted by the babies being adopted!!

MM, I've PM'd you also, and our messages crossed - so now you have two rambling messages from me :roll: :) (doh!).

Thanks both x

Not rambling at all! Lots of food for thought :)

Ha! I am known for being a touch verbose in my emails, so I'd fully understand if you did find them rather rambling! :lol:

...I've just been put in touch with a local lady who has generously offered help and has availability next week - I have explained my concerns re: timing and me going away in 4 weeks/whether it would be safer to wait until after my hols so I am fully on hand if the bond is still fragile. I will let you know her thoughts...! Fingers crossed we will come up with a sensible plan to give it a go -- I know there are no guarantees that anything will work; I am so nervous!

Mx

Ha! I am known for being a touch verbose in my emails, so I'd fully understand if you did find them rather rambling! :lol:

...I've just been put in touch with a local lady who has generously offered help and has availability next week - I have explained my concerns re: timing and me going away in 4 weeks/whether it would be safer to wait until after my hols so I am fully on hand if the bond is still fragile. I will let you know her thoughts...! Fingers crossed we will come up with a sensible plan to give it a go -- I know there are no guarantees that anything will work; I am so nervous!

Mx

Will reply to your PM now :D Soz for delay!

Back