• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 male bunnies... - Update - TRIO!!!!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone successfully bonded two neutered male bunnies. I have recently lost my Hollie, leaving Ollie himself. My cousin has her wee Max who recently lost his Jack. Wondering if them together could be an option.

Last edited:
Has anyone successfully bonded two neutered male bunnies. I have recently lost my Hollie, leaving Ollie himself. My cousin has her wee Max who recently lost his Jack. Wondering if them together could be an option.

Any bun by the name of Max must be a darling :love:

I've bonded a several male couples, and more recently a threesome including two males.

I think you should give it a go :)

I have managed to bond several Bucks, each bonding has been much easier than any Buck/Doe bond I have ever done !! IME the individual personality of each Buck is as relevant as the fact that it is a same sex bonding attempt. I'd give it a go, good luck :)

I think it's worth a try too. I have a trio, which includes two bucks. In my experience, bucks are usually less feisty and less "hung up about things" than does. If Max was living happily with Jack, then that would also indicate he's happy with a buck.

Sounds promising - wise words from the experts as ever!
Best of luck and let us know what you decide/how it goes : )

Hiya, thanks for the info guys.....I have had some progress on this. My cousin decided that Max could deffo come to me, so I was planning two boys. Now my friend has offered me her bunny, a wee girl that has been alone for about 5 years....I always ask for her when I am there.

So, a trio.....any thoughts?

Hiya, thanks for the info guys.....I have had some progress on this. My cousin decided that Max could deffo come to me, so I was planning two boys. Now my friend has offered me her bunny, a wee girl that has been alone for about 5 years....I always ask for her when I am there.

So, a trio.....any thoughts?

If the three have never met before, then you're quids in before you begin :D

Personality is always more important than the sex of rabbits. A few months ago I bonded a MMF trio. Took 10 mins for the males to get on and another 4 hours for the female to decide they weren't so bad after all :)

Good luck.

I am excited for you :D

Nah, deffo never met at all. Im probably sending them off to be bonded, but I will get my friends bunny soon, so am I best to keep her completely out of sight of Ollie? He has probably smelt both of them before when I come in from seeing the other bunnies.

I have both a MMF trio and a FFM trio. The FFM trio was 2 girls already bonded (initially a quad, but I lost both bucks) needed a male to settle their differences, and now all adore each other. Only gradually gave them more space, over about a month. The MMF was a new MF pairing, but added another buck a month later. Those 3 adjusted much quicker. Both trios now have a fantastic dynamic and I couldn't be happier with them.

Good luck with the new arrivals and the bonding. Hope they all settle.

Nah, deffo never met at all. Im probably sending them off to be bonded, but I will get my friends bunny soon, so am I best to keep her completely out of sight of Ollie? He has probably smelt both of them before when I come in from seeing the other bunnies.

Yes, keep them well away from one another. Smell won't matter much - it will intrigue them. Even a fleeting sighting won't hurt, but mainly apart.

At one stage I had three bunnies in three different rooms in the house :shock:

Then when D-day comes around (sorry, B-day) and they all meet, hey presto :love::love::love:

Last edited:
Years ago I bonded two male's with no problems, I think they just matched well because even before they were neutered they got on. Added a female a few months later and again everything was fine, she didn't affect the boys bond at all. I currently have two boys living together, they're brothers and unfortunately had to be separated the day before they were neutered because of a big fight, but with the help of a lady from Small Paws Boarding they're friends again and have been fine since. It really just depends on the rabbits, I've had unneutered males get on brilliantly, spayed females who absoltely hate each other, and male/female pairs who would not get on either, some of my rabbits were really calm and easy to bond with one rabbit but horribly aggressive with another. Just stick with it, and as scary as it seems don't intervene unless they're really going to hurt each other. I made the mistake of separating mine as soon as they started chasing

Thanks for the info and advice folks. Much appreciated and very helpful.

I am deffo going to send the three of them away to a boarding place that has been recommended, she keeps them for a week, or longer if needed. I would be like you Demi, separating too soon. I think that's what I did in the past with Hollie & Ollie!

Back