Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonding 2 male bunnies... - Update - TRIO!!!!

Default Bonding 2 male bunnies... - Update - TRIO!!!!

Has anyone successfully bonded two neutered male bunnies. I have recently lost my Hollie, leaving Ollie himself. My cousin has her wee Max who recently lost his Jack. Wondering if them together could be an option.
    Last edited by Kermit; 09-08-2017 at 12:50 PM.

My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Has anyone successfully bonded two neutered male bunnies. I have recently lost my Hollie, leaving Ollie himself. My cousin has her wee Max who recently lost his Jack. Wondering if them together could be an option.

Any bun by the name of Max must be a darling

I've bonded a several male couples, and more recently a threesome including two males.

I think you should give it a go

Wise Old Thumper

I have managed to bond several Bucks, each bonding has been much easier than any Buck/Doe bond I have ever done !! IME the individual personality of each Buck is as relevant as the fact that it is a same sex bonding attempt. I'd give it a go, good luck

Warren Veteran

I think it's worth a try too. I have a trio, which includes two bucks. In my experience, bucks are usually less feisty and less "hung up about things" than does. If Max was living happily with Jack, then that would also indicate he's happy with a buck.

Sounds promising - wise words from the experts as ever!
    Best of luck and let us know what you decide/how it goes : )

Hiya, thanks for the info guys.....I have had some progress on this. My cousin decided that Max could deffo come to me, so I was planning two boys. Now my friend has offered me her bunny, a wee girl that has been alone for about 5 years....I always ask for her when I am there.

So, a trio.....any thoughts?

Hiya, thanks for the info guys.....I have had some progress on this. My cousin decided that Max could deffo come to me, so I was planning two boys. Now my friend has offered me her bunny, a wee girl that has been alone for about 5 years....I always ask for her when I am there.

So, a trio.....any thoughts?

If the three have never met before, then you're quids in before you begin

Personality is always more important than the sex of rabbits. A few months ago I bonded a MMF trio. Took 10 mins for the males to get on and another 4 hours for the female to decide they weren't so bad after all

Good luck.

I am excited for you

Nah, deffo never met at all. Im probably sending them off to be bonded, but I will get my friends bunny soon, so am I best to keep her completely out of sight of Ollie? He has probably smelt both of them before when I come in from seeing the other bunnies.

I have both a MMF trio and a FFM trio. The FFM trio was 2 girls already bonded (initially a quad, but I lost both bucks) needed a male to settle their differences, and now all adore each other. Only gradually gave them more space, over about a month. The MMF was a new MF pairing, but added another buck a month later. Those 3 adjusted much quicker. Both trios now have a fantastic dynamic and I couldn't be happier with them.

Good luck with the new arrivals and the bonding. Hope they all settle.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara the cats*Aurora the horsefield's tortoise*Delta & Epsilon the guinea pigs*
    Never forgetting Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, and Iris

T. L. Cowell - Author & Freelance Writer
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.
    Hopping Mad, for hopping mad things for your buns.

Nah, deffo never met at all. Im probably sending them off to be bonded, but I will get my friends bunny soon, so am I best to keep her completely out of sight of Ollie? He has probably smelt both of them before when I come in from seeing the other bunnies.

Yes, keep them well away from one another. Smell won't matter much - it will intrigue them. Even a fleeting sighting won't hurt, but mainly apart.

At one stage I had three bunnies in three different rooms in the house

Then when D-day comes around (sorry, B-day) and they all meet, hey presto
    Last edited by MightyMax; 09-08-2017 at 01:38 PM.