• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

.... it's hello from me.

Saffy2017

New Kit
I used to breed Guinea Pigs .. and it was after we lost our dearly beloved first piggie, Clover, that my daughter suggested we get a rabbit.

I'd never had a rabbit before and I said to her "So long as it's only a small one" ... so our love of Netherland Dwarf rabbits began.

We drove 50 odd miles to Birmingham to pick out our first one who we called Felix. Felix was such a cutie ... we kept him indoors and he used to come inside and sit in front of the gas fire and think we were watching him when in reality, we were watching the TV. :D

Sadly, he lost his life before he was a year old with GI. Stasis.

After that we decided on another Netherland Dwarf ... my daughter had been trawling the internet for a long time and pushing my face towards photo's of rabbits whilst I was saying "no more ... never again .. the heartbreak is too much"

So ... a few weeks later saw us heading to Peterborough from Derbyshire to pick up a lovely little Agouti rabbit who we called Benjamin Buttons.

A few weeks later, after he was neutered, we took possession of a mini lop called Mookie ... everyone will be nodding here when I tell you that they gave us so much joy.

Sadly, Mookie and Ben have passed to Rainbow Bridge but we now have two Netherland Dwarf rabbits called Luna (7) and Rufus (2 - I think)

The aboslute pleasure we get from watching them interact with one another is lovely.

I'm now disabled and so my husband has to do most of the cleaning out etc., but even though he is allergic and the whites of his eyes turn YELLOW if he has too much contact with them, we love them so much.

Having a few problems at the moment due to Rufus getting terribly stressed in boarding, but hoping that they will soon be back to normal.

When I have my bad pain days, I love to lie on my bean bag and watch them play in their massive run outside ... they're also allowed to sneak in through the patio door (which is part of their run) and sit and watch tv with us. (They particularly like Come Dine With Me for some reason lol)

Anyway ... I'm 56 - I adore Greece and in particular the island of Kefalonia ... I guess there's not much more to say, but please ask if you want to know .

Saffy x

I used to breed Guinea Pigs .. and it was after we lost our dearly beloved first piggie, Clover, that my daughter suggested we get a rabbit.

I'd never had a rabbit before and I said to her "So long as it's only a small one" ... so our love of Netherland Dwarf rabbits began.

We drove 50 odd miles to Birmingham to pick out our first one who we called Felix. Felix was such a cutie ... we kept him indoors and he used to come inside and sit in front of the gas fire and think we were watching him when in reality, we were watching the TV. :D

Sadly, he lost his life before he was a year old with GI. Stasis.

After that we decided on another Netherland Dwarf ... my daughter had been trawling the internet for a long time and pushing my face towards photo's of rabbits whilst I was saying "no more ... never again .. the heartbreak is too much"

So ... a few weeks later saw us heading to Peterborough from Derbyshire to pick up a lovely little Agouti rabbit who we called Benjamin Buttons.

A few weeks later, after he was neutered, we took possession of a mini lop called Mookie ... everyone will be nodding here when I tell you that they gave us so much joy.

Sadly, Mookie and Ben have passed to Rainbow Bridge but we now have two Netherland Dwarf rabbits called Luna (7) and Rufus (2 - I think)

The aboslute pleasure we get from watching them interact with one another is lovely.

I'm now disabled and so my husband has to do most of the cleaning out etc., but even though he is allergic and the whites of his eyes turn YELLOW if he has too much contact with them, we love them so much.

Having a few problems at the moment due to Rufus getting terribly stressed in boarding, but hoping that they will soon be back to normal.

When I have my bad pain days, I love to lie on my bean bag and watch them play in their massive run outside ... they're also allowed to sneak in through the patio door (which is part of their run) and sit and watch tv with us. (They particularly like Come Dine With Me for some reason lol)

Anyway ... I'm 56 - I adore Greece and in particular the island of Kefalonia ... I guess there's not much more to say, but please ask if you want to know .

Saffy x

Hi Saffy and welcome :wave:

Two Nethies!! So has Mervinius :)

I'm afraid when you get round to posting photos you'll have to issue a *cuteness overload* warning :lol:

Back