Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bar biting and weeing on the bed. About to strangle the rabbits!!

Default Bar biting and weeing on the bed. About to strangle the rabbits!!

AAARRRG. I'm at my wit's end. I really am. The rabbits have free range in my bedroom. I have had to pen off my bed with a puppy pen so they can't get on or underneath it because they've wrecked the carpet, chewed my bed, peed on my bed, got onto my bedside table and the final straw was they've been sat under my bed and ripping my mattress apart.
    I've tried everything. EVERYTHING. So penning off my bed is a last resort. Problem is. They've done nothing but bar bite the pen since I put it up. They're chewing the bars right now. For hours on end Shadowfax sits and barbites, Fiver does it as well but it's been SF I've caught doing it most. On a night I take the pen down so they can go under the bed. I will wake up if they start chewing anything they shouldn't. However, I woke up this morning to a nice cold, puddle of wee and about 20 poos at the bottom of my bed from Fiver. I'm going to neck them both. I am seriously considering putting those two ********* in the spare room and having Xena in my bedroom. She's so good and never does anything like that but that means they'll absolutely wreck the spare room as well.

I repeat...AAARRRRGGGG!!

Ellie. You'll always be in my heart. I love you.

Rosie. I can't believe you are no longer at my side. I miss you so much. Wait at the bridge for me.
    Larka. I miss you every moment of every day. You were stolen from me and I will never, ever recover from the heartache of losing you. You should be by side and instead you have gone forever.

Oh dear. Are they neutered? Do they have other things to keep them entertained? Digging boxes, sticks?

I don't have any advice but i was just about to start a bar biting thread! Through the day my boys have one side of their cage open on to a 30x15ft garden and the other is open so they have access to the house, but they will still sit in their cage chewing the bars next to the open gate like they're some poor abused little rabbits desparately trying to escape If I touch their nose wherever they stick their head through they give up pretty quick but if the bars you're having trouble with are right next to the bed i don't think that'd be an option.
    Elmo and Cookie ♥

Yes and yes. I put a sandpit in for them. They made a massive mess but left the carpet and bed alone. Then after about a week started using the sand pit as a litter tray and went back to destroying everything and peeing on my bed. They have a massive stash of apple branches that I give them from my apple tree. They currently have a huge one in their room, which they chew all the time...until an evening when they decide bar biting is so much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DemiS View Post
    I don't have any advice but i was just about to start a bar biting thread! Through the day my boys have one side of their cage open on to a 30x15ft garden and the other is open so they have access to the house, but they will still sit in their cage chewing the bars next to the open gate like they're some poor abused little rabbits desparately trying to escape If I touch their nose wherever they stick their head through they give up pretty quick but if the bars you're having trouble with are right next to the bed i don't think that'd be an option.
    I will chase them away and tell them off or remove them from the pen...and they just go back and start again 5 mins later. The weeing on my bed last night really infuriated me. I want to leave the pen up overnight but I KNOW they will keep me up all night bar biting. If I leave it down, Fiver will **** and **** all over my bed. I'm really started to hate having them in my room. I'm stressed out enough them being complete and utter *********.

I'm sorry your buns are driving you mad. Our little munchkins barbite sometimes and we've worked out it either means.

"We want out when you humans are in here"

Or "why are you in our room making noise we want to sleep"

We don't give them any attention when they do it, we leave the room and close the door. They will then stop. You don't want to reward them with treats or attention.

Have you tried giving them brown packing paper to rip up? Ours love that and it keeps them distracted for hrs! We put it behind the sofa do stop them digging and chewing the carpet when they decide to "extend their burrow"

We don't have any trouble with wees and poops, so can't help you with that bit. Maybe keeping them in the pen all the time and just let them out for short times after a few days and then slowly increase their time out of the pen.

That what we did initially so they learnt their space.

Hope this helps x

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

We have some similar problems ever since Monty learned to jump onto the bed. He only seems to do his business on the bed when he's trying to tell us off for something, so if they haven't gone on the bed before, I would guess that's a protest at having the bars put up. Can you get a couple of cheap duvets so you just need to wash them and aren't worrying about nice bedding being stained? I know it's a pain - I've lost count of how many mornings one of us has poked the other awake so we can get up and strip the duvet because there's a nice little puddle right between our faces - but as Monty only seems to do it when we've upset him in some way, I figure he's just trying to communicate with us in the only way he knows.

We also use under the bed as storage for things we don't mind Monty chewing (boxes, all my fabric off-cuts etc) or which we keep in big plastic under-bed storage. This allows him to still hide under there (and chew the bed, though we don't mind that) but doesn't leave him room to damage the floor or the mattress, and gives him a way to occupy himself - he loves pushing stuff around a few inches each way to create the best tunnels and hidey-holes for himself. Do you have some things you could put under there, so there isn't room for more destruction?

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

I'm sorry you are going through this on top of everything else could you attach mesh to the under side of the bed to stop them chewing it, or use puppy panels to stop them getting under? You could try using a waterproof picnic blanket on the bed or shower curtain?

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

How are you today VB?

Hi. I've had a busy day today. They've been bar biting on an off when I've been in and last night bar bit for a few hours then stopped.
    They aren't penned in. If I can figure out how, I'll post a pic up of my bedroom.