Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pets at home press release

A main thing that concerns me is this...

'*We have found no evidence of an outbreak among our rabbits or the rabbits at our breeders'

If there really has been confirmed cases in 3 of their stores then that's a bit of a lie :/

At least they have sent an email I guess...!
    I'm fundraising for Rabbit Rescue North West

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rrnw

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post

'*We have found no evidence of an outbreak among our rabbits or the rabbits at our breeders'

If there really has been confirmed cases in 3 of their stores then that's a bit of a lie :/

Yes, I know. But you wouldn't believe the interaction I had with one of their staff at Head Offie a little while ago concerning RHD2

I asked whether they minded incorrect info going out online and ahem ........

I would believe it.
    I rang them about 6 months ago to find out why their staff were telling me that you shouldn't spay female rabbits because they are more likely to die on the operating table than they are of uterine cancer...
    I don't dislike P@H as much as some people but some of the advice they give it dubious!

I would believe it.
    I rang them about 6 months ago to find out why their staff were telling me that you shouldn't spay female rabbits because they are more likely to die on the operating table than they are of uterine cancer...
    I don't dislike P@H as much as some people but some of the advice they give it dubious!

Yes, I agree 100%

How on Earth can they monitor their animals for signs of VHD2 when the virus rarely has any symptoms!?

Warren Scout

Not necessarily, some of the animals come from people who for whatever reason don't want them/cant keep them so it could have come from an adoption animal that came in from a customer themselves

I've just received the same email message Jane posted. I adopted Jake from pah almost 2 years ago and it said I'm on the records as a rabbit owner. I believe that's good they're giving info on RHD 2 out.

If you need help with anything PM me or any of the other forum buddies (name shown in green)

Quote Originally Posted by Niklovesrats View Post
    Not necessarily, some of the animals come from people who for whatever reason don't want them/cant keep them so it could have come from an adoption animal that came in from a customer themselves
    Yes this is true but their reply makes it sound like they have had no confirmed cases of rhd2 in their stores at all. I asked them outright and this is the response that I received. They seem to be skirting around the issue a little. Ultimately it doesn't really matter whether or not its an adoption rabbit or one of their own, the problem still remains really and they should be a little more honest about what's going on and come up with a better plan of action to try and prevent it from spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    I've just received the same email message Jane posted. I adopted Jake from pah almost 2 years ago and it said I'm on the records as a rabbit owner. I believe that's good they're giving info on RHD 2 out.

Yes I got that too, but it's standard send-around.

As RR says, they should be more pro-active about the risk of RHD2. From my conversations with their Head Office, that's most definitely not been the case

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Yes I got that too, but it's standard send-around.

As RR says, they should be more pro-active about the risk of RHD2. From my conversations with their Head Office, that's most definitely not been the case
    Oh no that's an awful shame I struggle with pah.. thinking it has good and bad sides.

If you need help with anything PM me or any of the other forum buddies (name shown in green)