• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezy Bunny

janhm69

Young Bun
Hi there, my 7 year old bun Pepper had a sneezing fit (about 15 sneezes in a row) this morning. She sneezed a couple of times yesterday too. She has no discharge from her nose at all, there is just a little bit of the white eyelid visible on the inner corner of one eye, which makes me think she might have a mild cold/infection. I am wondering if this is likely to pass if mild or if I should take her to the vet. She has had antibiotics before for something else and her gut started to slow down during the course so I wouldn't want to give Baytril or the like to her unnecessarily. She is otherwise fine with a huge appetite this morning and I am now in a stew as to what to do! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi. Maybe it's an allergy? My rabbit Lucy used to get sneezy, so our vet gave her some injection and it stopped. Also I was using a little bit of water on her hay to reduce dust she inhaled and it seemed to help. I would take him to a vet if he continues to sneeze, mild cold can become a big one, so better be safe than sorry I guess.

Išsiųsta naudojantis C6903 Tapatalk 4 Lt

Hi there, many thanks for the reply. In the end, I took my bun to the vet and he gave her some antibiotic. I am just hoping that it doesn't upset her stomach! I have ordered some Bio-Lapis, so I hope if that turns up soon it might help. Thanks again!

You're welcome [emoji4] I hope your bunny gets better soon. Good luck!

Išsiųsta naudojantis C6903 Tapatalk 4 Lt

Back