• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neurological issues.

Well, it's almost impossible to tell that Mocha had a head tilt, she's a wee bit wobbly on her legs but runs around like a slightly, unguided missile. I'm so glad I didn't give up on her and it's also shown my volunteers that where there is life, there is hope. I think many thought she should have been pts at the start and they will, hopefully, at least give an animal a chance to adapt/ recover before making an irreversible decision. Thank you for your help.

Well, it's almost impossible to tell that Mocha had a head tilt, she's a wee bit wobbly on her legs but runs around like a slightly, unguided missile. I'm so glad I didn't give up on her and it's also shown my volunteers that where there is life, there is hope. I think many thought she should have been pts at the start and they will, hopefully, at least give an animal a chance to adapt/ recover before making an irreversible decision. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome :)

This is wonderful news halfpenny :)

I am glad too that you didn't give up on her, and I am sure her good recovery is in large part due to your wonderful nursing care!

I am so pleased to hear how well Mocha is doing now :D

Sadly Mocha’s head tilt returned and she had it for a few years. Last year she had to get her tear ducts flushed and the vets wanted to pts because she took so long to right herself after the op. I spent the night holding her upright and by the next day she was back to normal. Sadly the flush didn’t last long and we had her on metacam and eye drops.
Over the last few weeks she had lost weight and spirit (she was full of spirit!). I had decide to have her pts last Friday, as Thursday was an awful day of snow and ice and I didn’t want to risk taking her in the car. Sadly she died that day!
I feel awful as I don’t know how she went but I also feel it may have been better than the stress of a vet visit. Normally I would have had the vet come out but due to covid it’s less of an option and especially due to the weather.
I’m gutted and hope she didn’t suffer.
Mocha was booked to be pts at the age of 2 due to aggression issues. We took her and she was happily bonded to Godfrey for a good few years, sadly he passed away and it became very apparent how much care he had taken of her, grooming her eyes.

I’m so sorry you lost Mocha :cry: you did everything you could for her, and she had the best life possible :love:

So sorry that you have lost Mocha, you gave her the good life that she wouldn't have had otherwise. Sweet dreams Mocha xx

Back