• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oops OH have just gave Pip too many drops of ivermectin

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Hi everyone.

I got my OH to help me put the ivermectin drops on Pips neck because she's a bit of a wiggler!

Anyway vet said to put 3 drops on her and we accidently did 4.. I say we I mean my OH!
I don't want to phone the vet again and ask if its ok. I know we can't do anything other than watch her. They already think I'm the crazy bunny Lady.

Do I need to start panicking? I can't find much online most people seem to get the injection rather than drops.

I'm guessing that the vet would have said a warning if 4 would be dangerous.

Ahhh bunnies are lovely but so stressful.

The vet said this morning we just have to make sure Archie doesn't lick it off until it's been on her for 2 hours. So I'm on bunny watch. X

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hi everyone.

I got my OH to help me put the ivermectin drops on Pips neck because she's a bit of a wiggler!

Anyway vet said to put 3 drops on her and we accidently did 4.. I say we I mean my OH!
I don't want to phone the vet again and ask if its ok. I know we can't do anything other than watch her. They already think I'm the crazy bunny Lady.

Do I need to start panicking? I can't find much online most people seem to get the injection rather than drops.

I'm guessing that the vet would have said a warning if 4 would be dangerous.

Ahhh bunnies are lovely but so stressful.

The vet said this morning we just have to make sure Archie doesn't lick it off until it's been on her for 2 hours. So I'm on bunny watch. X

No, don't worry, and don't panic!

One drop (or two) more in the scheme of things isn't going to do any harm. It's a reasonably safe drug and has been tested to high doses and still found to be safe.

Yes, bunnies are stressful, but rarely quite as cute as your two though :love::love:

(I think that's another cue for a pic. With warning of course ;))

No, don't worry, and don't panic!

One drop (or two) more in the scheme of things isn't going to do any harm. It's a reasonably safe drug and has been tested to high doses and still found to be safe.

Yes, bunnies are stressful, but rarely quite as cute as your two though :love::love:
Phew thanks MM. Was starting to fret.

I must admit they are both too cute for words. I keep finding myself just watching them and saying awwww. We let Archie run up and down the stairs for an hour to distract him from licking it all off Pip.
Watching his little butt pop up the stairs is seriously too cute!

Though I'd add a photo of Archie deciding what we are going to watch on tv!
f41f483f91807d1d4ee15551f2998cf5.jpg

Phew thanks MM. Was starting to fret.

I must admit they are both too cute for words. I keep finding myself just watching them and saying awwww. We let Archie run up and down the stairs for an hour to distract him from licking it all off Pip.
Watching his little butt pop up the stairs is seriously too cute!

Though I'd add a photo of Archie deciding what we are going to watch on tv!
f41f483f91807d1d4ee15551f2998cf5.jpg

Welcome :)

Archie :love:

He could of course, with a swipe of his gnashers, decide that you watch nothing tonight??

Welcome :)

Archie :love:

He could of course, with a swipe of his gnashers, decide that you watch nothing tonight??
Yes we try not to leave the remote around for his little nashers. Luckily he's never shown interest in it at all. But he does like to eat my rubber soled slippers!

Pip on the otherhand nipped my bum this morning!

Yes we try not to leave the remote around for his little nashers. Luckily he's never shown interest in it at all. But he does like to eat my rubber soled slippers!

Pip on the otherhand nipped my bum this morning!

:shock:

Is that because she thought the Ivermectin monster was coming?

:shock:

Is that because she thought the Ivermectin monster was coming?
Haha. She was unaware of the Ivermectin monster at that point. They both don't like things hovering over them... crossed legs is apparently not acceptable. They don't like the hovering foot! We get nipped everytime!

Archie thinks this photo is cuter even though he is looking scruffy from his molting!
e749ea129667bdedcd6030e63c170345.jpg

Back