• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excessive humping - new issue - page 4

:lol: £454 - I think I bought one for £6, it's in the cupboard - I could turn a real profit here!

Yes, it's the one from P@H. Bless him, we bought him one when we first adopted him - he spent every minute he could in there for 3 whole months and didn't realise he could EAT it, until Poppy came along and showed him. They destroyed it within a week!

:lol: £454 - I think I bought one for £6, it's in the cupboard - I could turn a real profit here!

Yes, it's the one from P@H. Bless him, we bought him one when we first adopted him - he spent every minute he could in there for 3 whole months and didn't realise he could EAT it, until Poppy came along and showed him. They destroyed it within a week!

I know you're having a hard time with them at the moment, but they do sound adorable :love:

Wow, must look for a sea grass house. They already have a 5 x 3 foot area of soil which is part of their run, to dig in.

Caught the little so and so actually pulling Luna's fur out with his teeth today.

He's in the garage, in his cage ... hoping to put them back together tomorrow night. Wish me luck lol

Wow, must look for a sea grass house. They already have a 5 x 3 foot area of soil which is part of their run, to dig in.

Caught the little so and so actually pulling Luna's fur out with his teeth today.

He's in the garage, in his cage ... hoping to put them back together tomorrow night. Wish me luck lol

I hope it goes well! I let ours have a few hours together today, but they're separate again now.

Good luck Saffy :)

I like this review

I keep asking the dwarf rabbits how they like the mat. I put out some paper stars and tried to cajole them into rating it but they ate half of the stars and used the others for litter. I'm assuming they liked the mat because it was destroyed without a trace within a week. You can cut this mat in half for two rabbits to share, but then you'll undo the weave and it will start to come apart. Still, it keeps rabbits busy. They chewed on it, unraveled it, took the strands to different parts of the cage, and did all sorts of rabbity things.

I like this review

I keep asking the dwarf rabbits how they like the mat. I put out some paper stars and tried to cajole them into rating it but they ate half of the stars and used the others for litter. I'm assuming they liked the mat because it was destroyed without a trace within a week. You can cut this mat in half for two rabbits to share, but then you'll undo the weave and it will start to come apart. Still, it keeps rabbits busy. They chewed on it, unraveled it, took the strands to different parts of the cage, and did all sorts of rabbity things.

Love it :lol:

I didn't spot the reviews, but love that 705 people have written reviews for something priced £454!

I didn't spot the reviews, but love that 705 people have written reviews for something priced £454!

Obviously the Crème de la Crème of Société who can afford the mat!

There's one advertised underneath that one for around a fiver. Exact same thing. Made me smile :)

Obviously the Crème de la Crème of Société who can afford the mat!

There's one advertised underneath that one for around a fiver. Exact same thing. Made me smile :)

This lady must be up there with the queen then, planning to throw them away each week:

"Decided to try this to line the bottom of my guinea habitat because the material the lining is made from is getting stained from pee, despite using a decent absorbing bedding. Anyway, my scheme is to line the bottom and then place the bedding on top, maybe help absorb some of the waste. At the end of the week, I figure it would be a simple matter to toss the whole lot, making clean up of the habitat a lot easier to accomplish.

Since we have two guineas, we have a fairly large habitat. It took two mats to cover only 1/3 of it. Needless to say, this would be slightly cost prohibitive, even with this being an add-on product."

Only slightly cost prohibitive :lol:

This lady must be up there with the queen then, planning to throw them away each week:

"Decided to try this to line the bottom of my guinea habitat because the material the lining is made from is getting stained from pee, despite using a decent absorbing bedding. Anyway, my scheme is to line the bottom and then place the bedding on top, maybe help absorb some of the waste. At the end of the week, I figure it would be a simple matter to toss the whole lot, making clean up of the habitat a lot easier to accomplish.

Since we have two guineas, we have a fairly large habitat. It took two mats to cover only 1/3 of it. Needless to say, this would be slightly cost prohibitive, even with this being an add-on product."

Only slightly cost prohibitive :lol:

:lol:

Billy has never quite gotten over this humping habit, but it's generally been manageable. Some nights worse than others, but Poppy is always able to get away.

We moved the couch on Saturday (only for December, because we need the space for a bigger dining table), and he's like a rabbit possessed ever since, and nothing Poppy or we do can get him to stop. I am no sure what to do, any ideas? Even if I move the couch back, I think he's in a phase now, and it won't stop him.

The history is: Billy and Poppy are neutered/spayed, and have been together for 3 years now. Billy is a nervous bunny, Poppy is a very confident bunny, Billy likes to assert that he’s top bun.

They stayed in boarding about 18 months ago, and when they came home, Billy took to excessively humping Poppy, and we were struggling to get him to back off. He'd improved enough to let them stay together though.

Last edited:
Back