• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gorgeous dragonfly

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Dragonflies are my favourite insect (just in front of bumblebees). This one was just chillin' on the blackberry bush I was picking from :) It's my favourite coloured one too, I love the green and blue ones best (although the bigger the better, this one's pretty big but not the biggest). I'll pop off to the Dragonfly Trust people in a bit and report it. Also impressed at this picture using my phone camera!

DFv7u6MXoAEjhs8.jpg

I'll get OH to fiddle with our settings, as I can't view your pic :(

We had a Banded Demoiselle at the pond today. Also two new Migrant Hawker adults emerged from the pond, one of which OH had on his finger for a while :)

We get Bandeds all the time, but when they're flitting about you can't always be sure, as the move so fast in and out of cover, whether it's a small butterfly or a demoiselle!

That's a beautiful picture - you must have a lovely garden to attract them :) All that we can boast is a couple of passing butterflies and a pair of bumblebees.

Dragonflies are my favourite insect (just in front of bumblebees). This one was just chillin' on the blackberry bush I was picking from :) It's my favourite coloured one too, I love the green and blue ones best (although the bigger the better, this one's pretty big but not the biggest). I'll pop off to the Dragonfly Trust people in a bit and report it. Also impressed at this picture using my phone camera!

DFv7u6MXoAEjhs8.jpg

That's beautiful, both the dragonfly and the photo. Well done you!

That's a beautiful picture - you must have a lovely garden to attract them :) All that we can boast is a couple of passing butterflies and a pair of bumblebees.
That's beautiful, both the dragonfly and the photo. Well done you!

Thanks both! It was the best of 4 pictures on my phone. My phone camera's awful, but this does show that it's not just cameras that make pictures (I'm ludicrously pleased with myself too XD). It was very much luck, in terms of actually seeing it!

Monty's Human: that's just down on the brambles by the railway bridge on to the road into the industrial estate! You don't need a lovely garden, you need a good habitat :) And yes, we do get a few flying past here and landing but we live backing on to a canal! We have a very unlooked after garden at the moment (neither of us has much time to get out there, and it's a two-person effort here) and we have a fair bit of wildlife but we're by a working canal with the only garden in an industrial estate opposite a cinema complex park, so it's a bit limited! We've lost one of our massive lavender bushes but we've a ginormous mallow and another lavender, so we do have plenty of bees :)

Back