Thread: Gorgeous dragonfly

Default Gorgeous dragonfly

Dragonflies are my favourite insect (just in front of bumblebees). This one was just chillin' on the blackberry bush I was picking from It's my favourite coloured one too, I love the green and blue ones best (although the bigger the better, this one's pretty big but not the biggest). I'll pop off to the Dragonfly Trust people in a bit and report it. Also impressed at this picture using my phone camera!

The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Warren Veteran

I'll get OH to fiddle with our settings, as I can't view your pic

We had a Banded Demoiselle at the pond today. Also two new Migrant Hawker adults emerged from the pond, one of which OH had on his finger for a while

We get Bandeds all the time, but when they're flitting about you can't always be sure, as the move so fast in and out of cover, whether it's a small butterfly or a demoiselle!
    The geeky one...

They are gorgeous aren't they?

I've seen quite a few in the garden this year

That's a beautiful picture - you must have a lovely garden to attract them All that we can boast is a couple of passing butterflies and a pair of bumblebees.

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Dragonflies are my favourite insect (just in front of bumblebees). This one was just chillin' on the blackberry bush I was picking from It's my favourite coloured one too, I love the green and blue ones best (although the bigger the better, this one's pretty big but not the biggest). I'll pop off to the Dragonfly Trust people in a bit and report it. Also impressed at this picture using my phone camera!

That's beautiful, both the dragonfly and the photo. Well done you!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty's Human View Post
    That's a beautiful picture - you must have a lovely garden to attract them All that we can boast is a couple of passing butterflies and a pair of bumblebees.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    That's beautiful, both the dragonfly and the photo. Well done you!
    Thanks both! It was the best of 4 pictures on my phone. My phone camera's awful, but this does show that it's not just cameras that make pictures (I'm ludicrously pleased with myself too XD). It was very much luck, in terms of actually seeing it!

Monty's Human: that's just down on the brambles by the railway bridge on to the road into the industrial estate! You don't need a lovely garden, you need a good habitat And yes, we do get a few flying past here and landing but we live backing on to a canal! We have a very unlooked after garden at the moment (neither of us has much time to get out there, and it's a two-person effort here) and we have a fair bit of wildlife but we're by a working canal with the only garden in an industrial estate opposite a cinema complex park, so it's a bit limited! We've lost one of our massive lavender bushes but we've a ginormous mallow and another lavender, so we do have plenty of bees
    The geeky one...