• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Used to be bonded until surgery

Can my rabbits go back together?

• Can go back together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never go back together

• Can go back together with a Boyfriend or 2

• Total voters
Good Afternoon All,

Thank you so much for accepting me in the forum. I am in a real problem and I need to get out of it.

I currently have flopsy and lopsy. Flopsy is a mini rex and lopsy is a lion head.

A bit of history about Flopsy, she was attacked by her mother when she was young she doesn't have a tail or a foot. She is a perfect little bunny she can still use everything fine. She was taken in by a breeder from a friend due to Flopsy not having much confidence and was out with Lopsy. Lopsy give Flospy the confidence to run around and be herself. All going very very well.

We picked them both up at the same time from the breeder. We transported them 30 minutes together home both completely fine.

We took them home before we had them they were living outside we took them inside and kept them as house bunnies both living completely fine next to each other.

Lopsy started to go through a phantom pregnancy so we got them both spayed. Again both completely fine still together, the vet told to use to separate them to let the injuries heal.

We did so for about a day. After this, we tried them together and watched them all day in case they started to chew the stitches, again no problem.

Then after about 6 weeks they started just madly chasing each other biting the rear end ripping fur out of each other, we immediately separated them.

We have tried everything since then to rebound them, the vet said with them both being female they are at maturity and will never go back together. We have put them in a neutral territory again after about a minute rip into each other.

Please tell me guys what to do. Since the fighting, the apartment living room is in half and each rabbit lies next to each other but after that good sign we try to put them together and after about 15 minutes of both exploring each other's sides they fight again. Lasted for about 7 months. They are now in a playpen next to each other in my moms garden while myself and my girlfriend move.

I am going to transport them from my moms to the new house which the whole place will be neutral and they will have a garden.

Please, can someone advise will I ever be able to bond them back together if so how can I do this?

One method I was thinking of was doing the car journey and putting them both together giving the hutch a massive deep clean in slowly bonding them 5 minutes at a time. Can someone tell me the step I need to take from the time of taking them from my moms to them been back together. Can you also give me time frames and suggestions? Do I need seperate hutches so they arent even next to each other. Currently a 2 teir hutch.

Please someone help, I have cried over this many times.

Are there any bonding services near you that could help out? Maybe a truly neutral setting would help, but they will also know the signs that mean there's no hope.

Are there any bonding services near you that could help out? Maybe a truly neutral setting would help, but they will also know the signs that mean there's no hope.

Thank you for replying I am moving to the Stratford upon Avon Area do you know anyone, please?

Thanks for the suggestion a Bonding Service is definitely what I need.

I'm sorry, I don't know the area. If you go to the Rabbit Chat section of the forum, and start a new thread titled "rabbit bonding services in Stafford Upon Avon", someone may be able to make some suggestions.

Stafford upon Avon is about an hour & half from me.
If you'd like to PM me with moving dates etc I can see if I'm able to assist you with the bonding.

I have two bonded females. They used to hate each other but just over 3 months of bonding and they adore each other.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Stafford upon Avon is about an hour & half from me.
If you'd like to PM me with moving dates etc I can see if I'm able to assist you with the bonding.

I have two bonded females. They used to hate each other but just over 3 months of bonding and they adore each other.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi,

We are moving to Bidford so 15 minutes from Stratford, I have sent you a private message.

Best regards

Back