• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Larger runs & 'toys'

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

We've recently purchased an 8ftx6ft run which is a little over 2ft high, for one of our pairs. It's on grass and at the moment just has a log tunnel / archway in which they like to jump over.

Has anyone done anything really interesting / clever with their larger runs?

I'd like to get them some more toys etc to go in, but ideally I'd like to be able to leave things outside, as I don't have anywhere to store them if I had to keep bringing them in.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated? What might the rabbits like?

Thanks x

(Eta, nothing too permanent and ideally movable if we need to move the run)

Plastic tubes: the offcuts from roadworks are fantastic for this as they're often a couple of feet at most!

As above - I have a plastic table & stools from ikea and a length of drainage pipe. I've never seen any of the fosters hopping on the table or stools mind you but they do like to sit under the table and the pipe has been very popular. I also have a dog bed which I have grown grass in, I put that in although usually only lasts a few hours before there's barely any grass left and it has to come back out to give it a chance to grow again!

Thanks for the ideas, I don't know why I hadn't thought of looking at children's furniture :)

I kind of want to make a rabbit playground, so things to go over, under and through would be ideal x

plastic childrens furniture, moult and bolt boxes if painted with outdoor paint, run around tunnels, hop inn stuff works well outside too

Back