• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Baby Wild Rabbit

Nixy1971

New Kit
I have found a baby bunny rabbit (I think he’s roughly about 2 months old) – he was by a tree – and I initially thought he was stunned, however, it’s clear he’s got some kind of problem, he can’t stand up without rolling over and doesn’t seem to be ‘with it’. He does eat but has to be fed – I can’t put it in with my three as I don’t know if he has any kind of disease – please help? I don’t want to just abandon him and he’s in good condition ….. so I do think the mother has been looking after it

If he is in good condition it is likely his current problem happened quickly or he would not be in good condition (or his mother was still feeding him even though he is old enough to be weaned).
You are wise not to allow your three next to the wild bunny. I would see if your SPCA would have the names of anyone who deals with wild bunnies.

Back