• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor cage for 3 bunnies

SamTheBunny

Young Bun
Hi,
I'm in the process of getting new bunnies after my previous bun Sam died a few months ago (RIP Sam :cry::love:) I have been looking for a large indoor cage suitable for housing 3 bunnies. They would only be in it for a few hours during the day and possibly overnight and then free range in my room for the erest of the time. I have found this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pet-Cage-...90406f807e0ec7ac26c4ef&pid=100506&rk=1&rkt=1& and just wondered if it was suitable and if so, how many I would need to give them a good amount of space. Thank you in advance!

It's recommended that two medium sized rabbits have at least 60sqft at all times. For three medium sized rabbits it would be recommended to have around 80 to 90sqft at all times. Even when being confined.

Rabbits are most active at dusk and dawn when we are sleeping so please ensure they have the minimum recommended space during that time.

A few puppy pens linked together may work but personally for three rabbits I would look to rabbit proof an entire room for them.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It's recommended that two medium sized rabbits have at least 60sqft at all times. For three medium sized rabbits it would be recommended to have around 80 to 90sqft at all times. Even when being confined.

Rabbits are most active at dusk and dawn when we are sleeping so please ensure they have the minimum recommended space during that time.

A few puppy pens linked together may work but personally for three rabbits I would look to rabbit proof an entire room for them.

Thank you for your reply! I will take a look into bunny proofing my room instead, the only problem is Sam used to pee on my bed (although i'm not sure if that was because he wasn't neutered and was therefore being territorial) so i'd be worried that they might. The ones I am looking at are spayed and neutered so that might make a difference but i'm not sure. Do you have any idea?

Thank you for your reply! I will take a look into bunny proofing my room instead, the only problem is Sam used to pee on my bed (although i'm not sure if that was because he wasn't neutered and was therefore being territorial) so i'd be worried that they might. The ones I am looking at are spayed and neutered so that might make a difference but i'm not sure. Do you have any idea?
Being neutered it unlikely they will, however for peace of mind you can block off the bed area to prevent them from gaining access. The reason they might is because it's a soft surface which can tempt some bunnies.

Being neutered it unlikely they will, however for peace of mind you can block off the bed area to prevent them from gaining access. The reason they might is because it's a soft surface which can tempt some bunnies.

Ok, thank you!I really appreciate the help :)

I had this problem when our french lop first started free ranging. He used to wee on us through the night before he was neutered so be sectioned off the room to stop him getting to the bed. When the hormones had calmed we removed the sectioning through the day and sat in the room and watched him to see if he would wee on the bed. Then we tried him through the day with the bed uncovered without supervision. He doesnt even jump on the bed now or wee on it. Take it step by step. Its much easier to change the bed through the day if accidents happen but it gets rather annoying through the night :lol:

Back