• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple and willow forage

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Buns had 'weekend' forage today. They get willow practicaly daily, but the apple tree isn't on the way home from work for Matt, so he goes out special on mornings he's not working (mostly just weekends) and gets some :)

DFVb1wKXoAI62_O.jpg

DFVbyi6XYAA4dx2.jpg

Aboleth was right under Lopsy's forepaws, basically she stuck her head right under his middle :D

DFVbupDW0AAwpJy.jpg

I've also included a picture of Aboleth's missing eye as it's not often I manage to get a shot of it!

DFVb4WWXUAAZxY0.jpg

:love:

Ours get Hazel and Hawthorn every evening to keep them happy overnight :) Willow and Field Maple are more occasional treats, because they're located in the opposite direction. Apple trees are in the garden, but they have to wait for pruning time for those, apart from the leaves which they get in the Autumn.

The trouble is I don't suppose our rabbits can remember a time when they didn't get these tasty food items, so I expect they're very much taken for granted :lol:

The trouble is I don't suppose our rabbits can remember a time when they didn't get these tasty food items, so I expect they're very much taken for granted :lol:
Absolutely! :lol: Ours get hawthorn and hazel most of the time, and bramble overnight (on top of the run with the leaves pushed through, then the branches go in in the morning). OH has a tendency to bring home stuff that's been chopped off by the council etc., and dry it, so our garage is partly inaccessible (about 3 trees' worth of willow!) and our airing cupboard has a constant throughput! We've 4 boxes full as we hardly used any last Winter, and haven't needed to leave any with bunny sitters this year!

Awwww. Lucky bunnies. :love:

Aboleth in the photo under Lopsy's paw, is a pose I see mimicked a lot by certain rabbits of mine. Elphie specifically (never knowingly grooms another bun) and Yuki (adores attention from anyone and anybun!)

Thanks everyone :D

This photo I like :D
All the photos are very much 'you get what you can'! Especially as it was with my phone which has the response time of an elderly tortoise :S :lol: But if I take them on either of the cameras it's FOREVER before I load them on to the internet (or even off the cameras most of the time!)!

Back