Thread: Apple and willow forage

Default Apple and willow forage

Buns had 'weekend' forage today. They get willow practicaly daily, but the apple tree isn't on the way home from work for Matt, so he goes out special on mornings he's not working (mostly just weekends) and gets some

Aboleth was right under Lopsy's forepaws, basically she stuck her head right under his middle

I've also included a picture of Aboleth's missing eye as it's not often I manage to get a shot of it!

The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Mama Doe

Aww lovely couple,enjoying their forage.

Wise Old Thumper

Ours get Hazel and Hawthorn every evening to keep them happy overnight Willow and Field Maple are more occasional treats, because they're located in the opposite direction. Apple trees are in the garden, but they have to wait for pruning time for those, apart from the leaves which they get in the Autumn.

The trouble is I don't suppose our rabbits can remember a time when they didn't get these tasty food items, so I expect they're very much taken for granted

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    The trouble is I don't suppose our rabbits can remember a time when they didn't get these tasty food items, so I expect they're very much taken for granted
    Absolutely! Ours get hawthorn and hazel most of the time, and bramble overnight (on top of the run with the leaves pushed through, then the branches go in in the morning). OH has a tendency to bring home stuff that's been chopped off by the council etc., and dry it, so our garage is partly inaccessible (about 3 trees' worth of willow!) and our airing cupboard has a constant throughput! We've 4 boxes full as we hardly used any last Winter, and haven't needed to leave any with bunny sitters this year!
    The geeky one...

Awwww. Lucky bunnies.

Aboleth in the photo under Lopsy's paw, is a pose I see mimicked a lot by certain rabbits of mine. Elphie specifically (never knowingly grooms another bun) and Yuki (adores attention from anyone and anybun!)
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara the cats*Aurora the horsefield's tortoise*Delta, Zeta, & Eta the guinea pigs*
    Never forgetting Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, and Iris

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

gorgeous photos

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Buns had 'weekend' forage today. They get willow practicaly daily, but the apple tree isn't on the way home from work for Matt, so he goes out special on mornings he's not working (mostly just weekends) and gets some

This photo I like

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    This photo I like
    All the photos are very much 'you get what you can'! Especially as it was with my phone which has the response time of an elderly tortoise :S But if I take them on either of the cameras it's FOREVER before I load them on to the internet (or even off the cameras most of the time!)!
    The geeky one...

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

That forage does look very scrummy Great pic off Aboleth working her mouf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Great pic off Aboleth working her mouf
    She also works her neck muscles by yanking stuff down so it's easier to reach! They both do Not always daft (just most of the time ;P).
    The geeky one...