• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to teach a rabbit to share

Pan

New Kit
In the process of bonding two rabbits. They're co-habiting now and tolerating each other which is progress, think they're just very different temperament wise and they're finding it hard to understand each other.
The new rabbit is quite a bit larger and goes crazy for food, he can get a bit too enthusiastic and greedy, to the point of shoving the other rabbit out of the way to get at her food, and chasing her to get at anything she's eating.
Is there any way I can teach him to be nicer and more gentle to her, and to share better?

I would scatter feed, it makes it easier for them to share :) sending lots of bonding vibes:thumb:

The dominant buck in my quad of rabbits always shoves the others out of the way at food time. Often taking stuff out of their mouths!

Good luck with the bonding.

Back