• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Puppy or pampers pads as bedding?

Hi all, I have two 4 month old mini lops who aren't so great at using the 2 litter trays yet (boy is neutered, girl will be spayed at 6 months). I had been using no bedding in an attempt to litter train in their large indoor cage, but the vet recommended I change this to puppy or pampers pads plus hay as the boy isn't great at keeping himself clean and dry. Does anyone else have experience with using pads? Which ones? I'm worried about the synthetic materials used if the buns nibble them, and the cost!

I've started using hay as bedding which has led to great big mulchy piles of pee and poop next to the litter tray! They do use the trays too.

Any other experience and advice with litter training young buns is also much appreciated :) thanks all.

Last edited:
Yep. I use them too. I started doing so when my boy had a sore hock and I didn't want it to get infected. Really good.

Would rabbits not chew them? I've not heard of these being used before but I might try it if it's safe for them :)

Back